Old Pooncarrie Rd west track

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 06, 2017 at 16:52
ThreadID: 135030 Views:2243 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I have searched the blogs and user tracks to find some info on the Old Pooncarrie track (rd) from Menindee to Wentworth to no avail. Could someone please enlighten me on what to expect etc. My intensions are to go through Kinchega National park via Lake Cawndilla, then ontoBindara Station prior going further south from the High Darling Rd to the Low Darlinging Rd to Wentworth. I do realise weather will play a big part to track conditions. Time of travel will be mid September, so weather can still be iffy. We will not be towing, so any info will be appreciated. We travelled the east side north to Menindee 2 yrs ago in the wet, so we are prepared to deal with mud and a slow trip.
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - wicket - Wednesday, Jun 07, 2017 at 16:41

Wednesday, Jun 07, 2017 at 16:41
haven't been that way for some years but back then all roads were good 2wd roads, there were some new mining roads under construction so you might need to fire up the gps.
AnswerID: 611742

Follow Up By: GarryR - Thursday, Jun 08, 2017 at 06:41

Thursday, Jun 08, 2017 at 06:41
tanks wicket, most do the east route to Menindee which is half bitumen. I like to take different route each trip but could not find any info on site. My next attempt was to ring a couple of stations in the area. Thanks for the input
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 881796

Sponsored Links