New firmware for Iridium Satellite Phone handsets - May 5, 2017

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 07, 2017 at 01:18
ThreadID: 135035 Views:2735 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hello

Stephen's recent post got me wondering if there were any updates for Iridium sat phones.

Don’t think I have ever done mine (9555) as if it aint broke why fix it...but surprise surprise a recent "non mandatory" upgrade is available for a couple of the models.

Of most interest to people who have had a 9555 for a while and not updated the firmware is that an upgrade or two ago (which I missed) is the added ability to ring 000 without a SIM (old news to some ...think it may have been mentioned on the forum ...but anyway worth checking on your phone I suppose).

The most recent firmware upgrades are available HERE

I upgraded and all seems good. Instructions state that the upgrade tool is not compatable with Windows 10 but they have updated the update tool so it does actually work.

Make sure you read the instructions properly as you have to press a few buttons to get the "My Phonebook" menu working again after the update (though you will lose all entrys).

Check what firmware you have first (Setup -> Phone Information) - if the FW number is less than HT17001 you are a canditate.

Cheers
Greg

I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Sponsored Links