Powerdown Shocks

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 06, 2004 at 16:57
ThreadID: 13506 Views:3260 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Its getting to that 70000km time when I have to consider new shocks. Once I would have picked Koni Adjustables as I did on my GU but for what I do these days I dont want to go to that expense. I've had a look at the Powerdown brand "AjustableT" and the company seems to have a good aftermarket reputation in the trucking field.
I know about all the other brands, the good the bad and the ugly. Will probably go OME if these are not up to scratch, mainly for the ARB warranty.

What I really want to know has anybody had any experience with Powerdown or heard anything. If so is it good or bad.

Crowe
GUII ZD30 Patrol
(No complaints only compliments)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ross - Sunday, Jun 06, 2004 at 18:20

Sunday, Jun 06, 2004 at 18:20
I have got Powerdown Adjustables fitted to my 73 series landcruiser.The previous owner fitted them not long before I bought it.
Ive had them for 12 months and have since upgraded the leaves with Dobinsons.
I do the once a fortnight or monthly offroad daytrips and are quite happy with them and they perform good on road as well
I also like the heavy duty eyelet on the mountings.
I havent tried adjusting them as I have no directions and the markings on the shocks are scratched and difficult to read.
I think the Adjustable T is the new model which I dont have,but will consider seriously next time.
I got a replacement price in Perth of $125ea fitted or unfitted!(for the older model)
I cant see the point in spending a $1000 on big name import shockies unless you use them like they are meant to be used.

They seem like a good compromise between top of the range and those at the bottom.I think they are heavy duty rather than high tech but they work.
"A scaled down truck shockie" said one dealer who wanted to sell me $omething el$e
The only thing I dont like is their limited availability in WA by having only one dealer and thus no alternative prices.

AnswerID: 61955

Follow Up By: crowie - Sunday, Jun 06, 2004 at 20:30

Sunday, Jun 06, 2004 at 20:30
Ross

Thanks for the info. Its about what I thought. They seem to have limited agents and I think most of their sales are aver the phone with delivery. much like Rancho. I have emailed them for prices and to find out how they are adjusted. The rancho way or the Koni way. I also think they have some gas shocks. Waiting to see if I get any more answers and will pass in info
FollowupID: 323361

Follow Up By: ross - Sunday, Jun 06, 2004 at 22:47

Sunday, Jun 06, 2004 at 22:47
Crowie

When I spoke to them about 8 weeks ago they seem tightlipped on prices and wanted me to go through their agent in WA.
If you can phone order that would be great.
Keep me informed.

The adjustment seems to be unbolt one end ,compress to release its current setting and twist to required setting ,firm,medium or soft.
My problem is I cant figure out where the marks start and finish or what settings they are currently on.
They seem a happy medium so they will stay that way till they die.
FollowupID: 323395

Reply By: crowie - Monday, Jun 07, 2004 at 16:54

Monday, Jun 07, 2004 at 16:54
Ross

If you read this and want the info contact me at trinidad@operamail.com with your email details and I will forward any info from Powerdown

Crowie
AnswerID: 62089

Sponsored Links