Blog Review: ExplorOz Traveller: How to create your own Trek/Nav Plan

Submitted: Monday, Jun 12, 2017 at 01:02
ThreadID: 135067 Views:3748 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived

My Blog Rating: My Rating 5/5

Sorry, I forgot to mention the device. I am working with an iPad. So, can I import a .gpx file, or a .kml file, with my customized treks and waypoints? Thank you so much.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Jun 12, 2017 at 14:17

Monday, Jun 12, 2017 at 14:17
Hi guys,
No you can't import any files to the app other than what can be downloaded through the Data Manager. You can however, rebuild them into the app - waypoints are referred to as Places in the app and you'll find there are many already there. You can build these as private or public. Instructions to create new Places are in the Help section. Its very easy.

As for Treks - if you are creating plans before travelling, then these need to be made within the app. Our new app update (about to be released to the store within the next week hopefully) has made this much easier than it is now but it still does the same thing as per this blog instruction.

I noticed you uploaded a User Trek today - not sure if that is one you manually created as a trip plan or one you recorded during a trip (I didn't look carefully). Unfortunately, you cannot sync these treks back to the app (maybe in future).
The app however does have a facility to record your trip travelled - you will need to enable track logging (as a member this is free to you). The recorded trek file will be synced back to the website into the EOTrackMe system - once you click SAVE the file will be reformatted and stored in the User Treks system and can be downloaded by you or others as .gpx

If you have further queries, please ask.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 611850

Follow Up By: Seasick&Grumpy - Tuesday, Jun 13, 2017 at 00:41

Tuesday, Jun 13, 2017 at 00:41
Thank you for your quick response.

It would be extremely useful to make the app more versatile and allow import/export of .gpx files from one's online account.

Yes, adding waypoints within the app is easy, but drawing a trek, unless I am missing something here, seems impossible.

The trek we sent took hours to draw on a high res monitor so it can follow each and every turn as accurately as possible.

Cheers.

FollowupID: 881908

Sponsored Links