Kalumburu Fuel

Submitted: Monday, Jun 24, 2002 at 00:00
ThreadID: 1352 Views:3262 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Can anyone advise of the fuel situation up the Kalumburu Rd. in the Kimberlies. I have an 80 series petrol, and am trying to decide if extra fuel needs to be taken. The maps say that fuel can be obtained at Drysdale River and Kalumburu, but I would like to confirm that unleaded is readily available. Any help that anyone can provide would be appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Howard- Monday, Jun 24, 2002 at 00:00

Monday, Jun 24, 2002 at 00:00
Kevin,
am leaving for kimberlies this weekend myself. from enquiries I have made unleaded is readily available at both places. You might be interested in www.drysdaleriver.com.au.
regards
Howard
AnswerID: 4395

Follow Up By: Kevin - Tuesday, Jun 25, 2002 at 00:00

Tuesday, Jun 25, 2002 at 00:00
Howard,

Thanks for the reply. I checked out the website that you mentioned and found it most usefull. Hope you really enjoy the trip. I cant wait, but we are still a few weeks away yet.
FollowupID: 1889

Reply By: Member - Allyn - Tuesday, Jun 25, 2002 at 00:00

Kevin
I have just today returned from Kalumburu and can confirm that both diesel and ULP are readily available at Drysdale and Kalumburu for around $1.45 per litre.
Mt Barnett Roadhouse also supplies ULP at around the same price but Imintji store does not. Other than Kalumburu none of the aborginal communities will have petrol available mainly due to problems with sniffing as I'm led to believe.
Gibb River track is a piece of cake with roughest section being around Jacks Waterhole thru to Kalumburu Rd. Mitchell Plateau road is also a bit rough but graders were setting up the day that we departed and I believe work has progressed well since then.
Hope this is of assistance to you.
AnswerID: 4402

Follow Up By: Kevin - Tuesday, Jun 25, 2002 at 00:00

Thanks Allyn. Your information is much appreciated. We are not leaving Adelaide until the 17th, so I am chewing the edge of my chair waiting for the date to arrive. Hope you enjoyed your trip.
FollowupID: 1888

Sponsored Links