Codan NGT programming

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 11:16
ThreadID: 135207 Views:2799 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

Its been a while since I was a member of VKS, so now need to get my NGT reprogrammed when I rejoin.

Although we are located in Lake Macquarie, and LM Communications is close to us, I believe that they use their own programming for the radio, and not the "standard".

Is there anyone who is able to validate this, and / or suggest the best place to get this work done?

Many thanks
Cheers

Richard

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - ACD 1 - Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 11:26

Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 11:26
Richard

Can't help with your specific question, I don't know the company you are talking about, but what makes you think they are using their 'own programming for the radio, and not the "standard"?'

I always thought it was simly a case of setting the required frequencies - the interface you use is irrelevant.

Cheers

Anthony
AnswerID: 612356

Follow Up By: Member - RFLundgren (NSW) - Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 11:36

Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 11:36
Hi Anthony

Was something that I was informed about quite a few years ago now, so information may in fact be out of date. I plan on giving them a call to discuss in any case to see what they say.

We are doing a trip soon so need to get my ducks in order :)

Thanks
Cheers

Richard

FollowupID: 882579

Reply By: Dean K3 - Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 17:09

Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 17:09
I presume you are registered licence holder for HF freqs - like any commercial radio user needs to be licenced or "paid member" of a HF club or provider.

Apart from a few selected government depts WAPOL DFES & RFDS in WA nobody-else privately has their own dedicated HF freqs.

Re-programming of the radio itself is fairly simple process for any " approved dealer" to under take. just case of connect computer using suiatble software and programming lead "read radio" save a file of this code-plug just in case a error occurs then make changes download to radio and keep a file of the new programming.

Older radios at times required the EEPROM to be wiped clean and then reprogrammed but this goes back to days of hex id check and using DOS operating system.

Former radio programmer (not a qualified radio tech) with 5+ years of programming under the belt for short term hire etc

AnswerID: 612362

Reply By: Baz - The Landy - Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 17:43

Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 17:43
Hi Richard

Karera Communications, Tuggerah.

I have a Codan NGT which they reprogrammed for VKS, from Radtel, a few years back.

I'm sure they will be able to assist and let me know how you get on as it will be good to know if they still do it.

Cheers, Baz - The Landy
AnswerID: 612365

Follow Up By: Member - RFLundgren (NSW) - Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 17:47

Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 17:47
Thanks Baz, just the kind of info I was after :)

I did give LM Communications a call and they no longer have the shop or run HFoZ, but still do some bits and pieces from home.

Regards
Cheers

Richard

FollowupID: 882592

Follow Up By: Baz - The Landy - Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 18:17

Wednesday, Jul 05, 2017 at 18:17
No problem Richard, for what it is worth I think it was Andrew I spoke to at Karera when I had it done. But a number of years back now.

Interesting to know that Doug at LM has given it away these days, good luck to him, hope he is out travelling...!

Cheers, Baz
FollowupID: 882595

Sponsored Links