Hallo to Australia

Submitted: Thursday, Jul 27, 2017 at 18:35
ThreadID: 135306 Views:2644 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
G`day I am a newcomer at exploreoz and I will introduce myself.
I am from Switzerland I did life in Australia for 2 Year 1969 to 71.I try to write as good as I can in english sorry about wrong writing.

I am a very expirienced Offroad travellersince 1973,did across the African Continent for a year and over 30 times true the Sahara Dessert in different 4x4 from good old Landrover 109 to Mitsubishi Pajero Tojota Hi Lux and Cruiser HZJ 78 the 6 Zyl.4.2 lwb.

Since 2006 my wife and I have done 3 trips in hired Landcruiser true
Australia,ofcourse totaly true the Outback like Birdsville + Holland +Conny Sue Track - the CSR from Halls Creek to Wiluina, Old Ghan -
Googs Track and many more.

Now my question to you is we come this year back again to Australia on the 15.of August and we hire from TCC. the Landcruiser and we really would love to travell the Telfer Mine Rd. Rudall National Park - Waped Rd.to Well 33 at the CSR.
From there Jenkins Rd.to the Gary Junction Rd.east to the Tanamay Rd. Alice.
Now we need a Permit I do not know the Number of the Vehicle shell I just write any number,or can I get the Permit befor we enter the Abos Reserve Kiwirrkurra.
I would be so pleased if any one of you can help me what we can do about it.
Thank so much for your answer.

With best greetings from Switzerland.
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: ian - Thursday, Jul 27, 2017 at 21:38

Thursday, Jul 27, 2017 at 21:38
I recently had an issue with a permit and contacted daa to get assistance and they were very helpful. I suggest you do the same through permits_queries@daa.wa.gov.au
My guess is that they want to know who is there rather than what car you are in, and will allow a registration change. The most important thing on the application is your name.
AnswerID: 612731

Follow Up By: Member - ortner p - Friday, Jul 28, 2017 at 15:32

Friday, Jul 28, 2017 at 15:32
Hi Ian,
thank you for the answer I will get in contact with this adress you did send me.
FollowupID: 883108

Follow Up By: Member - ortner p - Tuesday, Aug 01, 2017 at 05:21

Tuesday, Aug 01, 2017 at 05:21
Hallo Ian
I did write to the Adress permites_queries@daa.wa.au but now answer.
So I found the website and I fill out the Aplication Permit online but the want to select a Reserve with lots of Aboriginal Land but the Gary Junction is not on it,and I need 2 Permit WA and NT.
Do you have an Idea what do doo?

FollowupID: 883146

Reply By: Member - J&A&KK - Wednesday, Aug 02, 2017 at 00:06

Wednesday, Aug 02, 2017 at 00:06

On the Exploroz website go to Articles.

Then in search section enter permits.

This will show you what you have to do.

Permits are issued by various Aboriginal Land Councils. It varies from state to state. You will need at least two permits travelling from WA to NT on the GCR and maybe more depending on your route.

Have a safe trip and enjoy the Australian outback. It is as beautiful as your home country but in a very different way.

AnswerID: 612806

Sponsored Links