OziExplorer for Android - Updated Beta Version 1.29 - August 2017

Submitted: Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at 18:38
ThreadID: 135477 Views:6339 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
For those interested

V 1.29 Download Link or do it direct on your device using Main Menus - Update Software.

Changes/fixes

Fixed issue with Android 7 no longer allowing reading of the "root (/)" folder.

Stopped the crashing when "root (/)" folder selected using the ".. up one level" option in the folder list.

Tried to make the sdcard names in the OziExplorer folder list more user friendly.

Added sdcard and storage folder names to root folder and storage folder lists so they can be selected. The actual folder locations and names are not changed, only changed on the displayed list in OziExplorer.

Added "Save Track Tail to File" menu option.

Decreased the odometer sensitivity to stop odometer creep while stationary.

Fine tuned the display of waypoints on the map when there are a lot of waypoints.

Made some color changes of edit fields on input screens.

Fixed a few issues.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: maurice b - Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at 20:23

Monday, Aug 28, 2017 at 20:23
I like the Added "Save Track Tail to File" menu option. meaning you can save your current track trail of this section of the track then rename it for future reference However providing 'Tracklog to file' is ticked in configuration your will alway's have a tracklog record that resets to a daily date stamped file . The save track to file. plt gets stored in the same folder your other .plt files are in Oziexplorer/Data / Tracklogs unless you changed paths . It is indicated with a tt at the beginning of the file. You need to load it to edit the name so you can identify it . Select User track List to edit name. The waypoint configuration menu is also more user friendly.
Cheers Mauriceb (Joe)
AnswerID: 613350

Reply By: Member - bungarra (WA) - Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 at 07:44

Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 at 07:44
Hi Greg

I cant get the download link to activate and secondly I cant find "main menu, update software" in the app.
In the app the ability to update places, treks etc is there but i cant find update software...what am I doing wrong?

Thanks
Graeme
Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 613354

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 at 09:14

Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 at 09:14
Hi

Think you maybe looking at the Exploroz Traveler app.....not Oziexplorer for Android.

Two different mapping programs.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 883806

Reply By: Member - bungarra (WA) - Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 at 09:27

Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 at 09:27
Thanks Greg

Brain fade......this end!

Cheers

Graeme
Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 613356

Reply By: RMD - Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 at 15:13

Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 at 15:13
I logged on with Android phone and the Ozi program said check for updates. NO updates available. Only 1.28 was had again.
AnswerID: 613367

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 at 15:32

Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 at 15:32
The check for update but doesn't seem to work but the update button does...it downloads to somewhere on memory then you run it. Worked for me. Plan B is to download form website onto PC and install manually

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 883821

Follow Up By: maurice b - Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 at 15:45

Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 at 15:45
Click on the link that Greg created with your Android device .It should take you to the download, except it. The execution file (apk) will be stored in your download folder inside your device . Drag down the top of the screen and open it to install or use you file explorer to navigate to download folder and click the Ozi apk file ,That's it .All other settings ect a saved. It will just be updated.
FollowupID: 883822

Follow Up By: RMD - Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 at 16:46

Tuesday, Aug 29, 2017 at 16:46
I will try the link then thank you. I had tried the update butto but it restored 1.28.
Now will give the link a go.
FollowupID: 883827

Sponsored Links