Dpf delete services

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 30, 2017 at 17:56
ThreadID: 135485 Views:9333 Replies:5 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Just wondering I keep seeing a certain Sydney business openly advertising dpf and egr delete services, even boasting how they have managed to remap the latest model ecu's .isnt this supposed to be illegal I know they have a disclaimer on their website but is this just to avoid liability.dint get me wrong I'm not a fan of particulate filters or egr and I don't own a diesel and I'm not against what this company is Doing but if I were to buy one I would certainly be tempted to do it but I'm afraid if I told my insurance about that sort of modification they would refuse to insure me so how can these businesses keep operating without getting into trouble?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Been-Everywhereman - Thursday, Aug 31, 2017 at 14:21

Thursday, Aug 31, 2017 at 14:21
Yes good point.
I see that some farmers can get an exemption and they can have it removed because of danger to catching crops on fire when the DPF does it burn off.
AnswerID: 613398

Follow Up By: Johnnykluger - Thursday, Aug 31, 2017 at 14:37

Thursday, Aug 31, 2017 at 14:37
Really? I didn't know that well I guess there must be a lot of diesels on the road with deleted filters otherwise the wouldn't be in business
FollowupID: 883868

Follow Up By: 9900Eagle - Thursday, Aug 31, 2017 at 18:14

Thursday, Aug 31, 2017 at 18:14
Off highway non-registered vehicles don't have to conform to any restrictions. This includes anything that is not registered plus military vehicles and airpot fire engines.

This is why pussy Cat retired to mining and agricultural vehicles, as they could keep up with the euro standards.

They have refined highway truck engines to now, not only run better and extend service intervals but also give better fuel consumption than ever before. Most large operators are now buying euro6 engined vehicles.
FollowupID: 883875

Reply By: rumpig - Thursday, Aug 31, 2017 at 15:33

Thursday, Aug 31, 2017 at 15:33
That disclaimer (not that I have seen it) probably isn't worth squat in a real life legal battle, but who knows. If people get the mod done knowing it's illegal and get busted, then wear the consequences yourself in my book....getting a bit sick of people that want to break the rules to suit themselves, then cry and blame others when they get caught out. It's a risk people can choose to take, nobody is forcing anyone to go there and get such a mod done. No idea why anyone would want to inform an insurance company of any illegal mod they do....once again, do the mod then don't complain if it voids the insurance claim later on...it's the risk people take, or maybe just don't do the mod if you are the type that'll blame others instead of wearing the consequences of your own actions....simple hey.
How do they keep operating?....probably because most government departments are under staffed these days and have a big enough work load to deal with already.
AnswerID: 613402

Follow Up By: cookie1 - Thursday, Aug 31, 2017 at 19:21

Thursday, Aug 31, 2017 at 19:21
As I understand it the company and the person who does the modifications are prosecuted for it and the fines are pretty severe, it was something I read sometime ago but seem to recall it being in the $10's of thousands for the company and smaller until it gets to the owner.

cheers
FollowupID: 883882

Reply By: Johnnykluger - Thursday, Aug 31, 2017 at 16:12

Thursday, Aug 31, 2017 at 16:12
I have heard in the U.K. they have mandatory checks for dpf mods as part of the registration check it's only a matter of time before it happens here.I don't own a diesel myself and there's no way I would take that risk it's just not worth it.
AnswerID: 613406

Follow Up By: rumpig - Thursday, Aug 31, 2017 at 16:17

Thursday, Aug 31, 2017 at 16:17
Maybe in the states that have yearly roadworthy certificates required, but not every state does that so can't see it happening any time soon.
FollowupID: 883869

Reply By: Johnnykluger - Thursday, Aug 31, 2017 at 17:33

Thursday, Aug 31, 2017 at 17:33
True and until that happens these people will keep on operating
AnswerID: 613412

Follow Up By: mountainman - Saturday, Sep 02, 2017 at 16:46

Saturday, Sep 02, 2017 at 16:46
Don't forget about the car window timting industry.
you want it darker than legal

you just pay....
Onus on you

should be on them too
FollowupID: 883952

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Friday, Sep 01, 2017 at 16:44

Friday, Sep 01, 2017 at 16:44
Dozens of companies advertise performance chips, and EGR delete plates too. Modifying a vehicle with either of these, petrol or diesel is just as Illegal, it's exactly the same law.

For example if you chip an engine, it must be inspected to ensure it meets the same emission standards as out of a factory - almost none would.

Magazines neglect to tell you this in their reviews. cant have that advertising revenue dwindle even faster than it is already by pissing off one of the best source of advertisers.

AnswerID: 613456

Sponsored Links