JB Gator Off Road Info

Submitted: Monday, Oct 16, 2017 at 09:58
ThreadID: 135755 Views:2535 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Requiring information from owners about this van. Tow vehicle latest Prado diesel, auto.
Happy for people to comment if they looked at this van but bought another and are more than happy with there purchase.
Just looking for an Aussie made van with good back up service if needed and the van capable of exploring our beautiful country on and off the road.
regards
Richard
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mikee5 - Monday, Oct 16, 2017 at 12:17

Monday, Oct 16, 2017 at 12:17
You should insist on a weighbridge certificate proving tare is correct before accepting delivery, this could save a lot of grief later. Over weight caravans are increasingly coming to the attention of authorities. The claimed Tare weight is 2076kg and ATM is 2500kg giving a payload of 424kg which seems OK. Tare should be weight empty ex-factory including all standard fittings and based on the webpage should include the two solar panels and two batteries as they are standard equipment. If these items are not included in the tare weight, then these items (my estimate is 100kgs) plus 120kgs of water and 18kgs of gas really eat into your load carrying capacity, leaving only 186kgs for all your personal items including as food, chairs, clothes etc.
AnswerID: 614365

Follow Up By: duck - Monday, Oct 16, 2017 at 13:54

Monday, Oct 16, 2017 at 13:54
You are so right not many vans are legal that are travelling Aus, recently I know a couple that purchased a new van & had it specked up at manufacture & towed it home from VIC on my trade plate & when it came time to Reg it in NSW it was already over its legal limit empty & is now its going to the courts
FollowupID: 884944

Sponsored Links