Palmerville Station Murders - Book

Submitted: Friday, Nov 10, 2017 at 09:49
ThreadID: 135851 Views:3179 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Moderators ; If this is deemed inappropriate please delete.

Some time back on this forum there was discussion regarding the murder of prospector Bruce Schuler on Palmerville Station. Since that time both Stephen Struber and his wife have been convicted of Schuler's murder in Cairns.

Many will remember the crazy weather man Monty Dwyer (both Channels 9 and 7). Well among other things Monty is a pretty good journo and he has written a very good book on this matter. In one of his travel dvds he actually met and spoke with Struber not long before the murder took place.

You can buy it online. The book is called "Struberville: The Consequences of Isolation". Let Google be your friend lest I transgress the bounds of Advertising -v- Information.

The usual politically correct disclaimers apply for those that like that sort of stuff.

Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DingoBlue(WA) - Friday, Nov 10, 2017 at 17:43

Friday, Nov 10, 2017 at 17:43
Have also met Stephen Struber and lunched with him on our travels from Perth to The Cape.
He was a bit unusual and he certainly did not like prospectors, showing us smashed padlocks from his gates and complaining that they burned his land in order to get their metal detectors closer to the ground.
We were not aware of his situation until our return trip. Shades of Wolf Creek!
Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 614896

Follow Up By: Member - Jack - Saturday, Nov 11, 2017 at 19:43

Saturday, Nov 11, 2017 at 19:43
Yeah .. a bit Wolf Creek. At least your survived your encounter. Lucky he did not spot a metal detector :)
Jack
The hurrieder I go, the behinder I get. (Lewis Carroll-Alice In Wonderland)

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 885627

Sponsored Links