Blog Review: Ooldea Joining of the Rails 100th Anniversary

My Blog Rating: My Rating 5/5

What a great event. A celebration of a very important event in the building of the Commonwealth of Australia. Having been to Oak Valley Community several days before the centenary it was great to see some Maralinga Tjarutja people there joining in on the celebrations.
Meeting some EO members and putting faces to names was also a major highlight. It was very interesting meeting Murray Collins, who I think you would describe as a local historian. I caught up with him again at his place in Ceduna on the way home, and that whiled away a good few hours.
I led a group of 9 vehicles from the Idlers Four Wheel Drive Club to the Centenary and everyone was pleased to be part of such a historic event. It was quite moving to be sitting there while the speeches were being made to think what was happening at this location exactly 100 years ago to the minute.
Stephen has named the organisers and they did such a really fantastic job, that the whole event went off without a hitch and everyone was happy. A truly remarkable feat in such an isolated location.
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Friday, Nov 24, 2017 at 20:03

Friday, Nov 24, 2017 at 20:03
Hi Chris

It was great that you were finally able to catch up with Murray, and now you know why I think he is just a great walking encyclopaedia and such an enjoyable chat to chat with.

We dropped into Murray and Margarets place on the way home, but unfortunately, they were not home.

Thanks for the reply.

Best Regards

Stephen and Fiona
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 615195

Sponsored Links