Dual Batteries for Terracan and others.

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 08, 2004 at 18:58
ThreadID: 13600 Views:2502 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
This the best solution I have found for a dual battery system for the Jerry Can and probably any other 4wd that cannot fit one under the bonnet.

I have spent a lot of time going over it with Chris at Battery World, Wantirna, Vic (just a terrific bloke).

The solution is this. Fit a smart solenoid at the front, run 140 A wire under the car and bring it back up into the car and have it pop out of the jack compartment with a heavy duty female jack. Put a 100 A Lifeline AGM Battery in a box fitted with circuit breaker and a couple of Waeco 12 V female sockets. There will also be a heavy duty female jack coming out of the battery box. The box will be held down between the child restraint mounting points with a motorcycle strap. A lead with a heavy duty male jack on each end will connect the jack from the car to the battery. When not needed it can be removed from the car or used as a portable power source. He is also changing the plug on my Engel to a Waeco plug (these things clip in and do not move). Total cost $700. Bargain.

Jim.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Brian - Tuesday, Jun 08, 2004 at 20:34

Tuesday, Jun 08, 2004 at 20:34
Not to do with battery set ups but does anyone on this forum know where and if a long range fuel tank is available for the Terracan. My enquiries around Bathurst have led to say no there is not and I would have to get one made to fit. Am going to check out a couple of steel fabrication places here tomorrow. Thanks in advance for any answers.
AnswerID: 62342

Follow Up By: Jimbo - Tuesday, Jun 08, 2004 at 21:24

Tuesday, Jun 08, 2004 at 21:24
Bigfella,

I'll make some enquiries in Melb and let you know, but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Jim.
FollowupID: 323664

Reply By: terracan tim - Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 16:04

Friday, Jul 02, 2004 at 16:04
Jim found a great bullbar to put on my terracan the only prob its in WA from www.parksidetowbars.com.au its almost a full replacement bar will allow me to put side protection bars on it down to the side steps have a look see what you think
AnswerID: 66158

Sponsored Links