Mitsubishi Challenger - Follow up

Submitted: Wednesday, Dec 20, 2017 at 20:50
ThreadID: 136007 Views:2521 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Last week I posted problems arising during the 30000 km service of my Challenger (thread 135976). I got the car back yesterday and all appears to be good. We came to an agreement regarding costs with Mitsubishi covering all cost relating to the timing belt issue, head removal/replacement, parts including a new timing belt, inspection/checks etc and labour. I paid a discounted price for parts required for the service only, Mitsubishi covered the labour costs. They also gave me the next service free of charge. I have also got a report detailing the issue and the repair. I also pushed for an extension of the warranty for the engine but was declined, they considered that, as I was 2 years into an 8 year warranty (5 years plus 3 years extended), there was sufficient warranty left to cover any future issues. Overall I am happy with the result, I am not happy that this happened in the first place and that Mitsibishi would, not admit fault although I am convinced that they know, ie mechanic stuffup. At least I have my car back in one piece and all appears to be good. My next task is to source a good diesel mechanic.
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all.
Regards Phil
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Phil - Wednesday, Dec 20, 2017 at 20:56

Wednesday, Dec 20, 2017 at 20:56
Forgot to mention, no damage was found.
AnswerID: 615632

Reply By: Member - Blue M - Wednesday, Dec 20, 2017 at 22:10

Wednesday, Dec 20, 2017 at 22:10
Good to see that you got an outcome you are both happy with, and did not turn into something ugly.
Cheers
AnswerID: 615635

Reply By: Member - Odog - Thursday, Dec 21, 2017 at 09:08

Thursday, Dec 21, 2017 at 09:08
Glad you got it all sorted, and your happy with the results to an extent.. all the best for the season.. cheers
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 615638

Reply By: Member - Tony H (touring oz) - Thursday, Dec 21, 2017 at 14:50

Thursday, Dec 21, 2017 at 14:50
Good news Phil,
Good to hear follow up on your dramas, it does strike me as funny how they won’t admit liability but yet there is no charge for labour and parts with an extra service thrown in for ‘free’.
Stay safe and have a great Christmas
Insanity doesnt run in my family.... it gallops!

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 615643

Sponsored Links