Article Review: About the EOTopo Mapset

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 24, 2018 at 16:00
ThreadID: 136145 Views:1677 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived

My Article Rating: My Rating 3/5

Michael we recently downloaded the current, yet to be updated version to our iPad and overall it is working as expected. But the; places, treks and comments-places 7 treks buttons remain forever green vis update required. This is despite hitting that button at least twice a day for the last week
Rob
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Jan 24, 2018 at 16:15

Wednesday, Jan 24, 2018 at 16:15
Hi Rob, the update button in the Data Manager for the Comments database will always show there are new updates because there is always going to be a newer version online vs your offline copy. As soon as you download a version it is out of sync with the online server because people are constantly adding comments to the public database which is stored in our online server. But that doesn't mean you need to update the whole database - it's just telling you that your offline version doesn't match the online version so you just choose when you think its worth doing an update. I must admit I only do mine when I'm goign away or about every 3 months.

But here's a cool tip - you can obtain "incremental" updates to Comments in the app instead of updating the whole database - simply open any Place or Trek comment in the app (whilst you have an internet connection to the app) and that will automatically trigger an incremental download/update to your offline storage in the app. You can see the number of incremental updates you have in the Data Manager. So if you know you're going away soon you can just open the places & treks you intend to use to get the incremental updates or you can do a full database update - your choice.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 616338

Sponsored Links