4WD beach rollover & washaway at Wilbinga on Australia Day

Submitted: Sunday, Jan 28, 2018 at 13:04
ThreadID: 136167 Views:5471 Replies:5 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
On Perth news last night we saw video of a 4WD accident on Wilbinga Beach, just north of Perth. It's the only beach near Perth where you can drive but has had some controversy over camping legalities over the years. This accident should never have happened (as you'll see if you take a look at the footage) so its likely there will be more crackdowns on visiting there, which is shame someone has to ruin it for others.

I've tried for hours to find the video and have just managed to get it and put it on both our Facebook pages - ExplorOz Official Facebook Page and the ExplorOz Traveller Community (Facebook Group).
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, Jan 28, 2018 at 13:08

Sunday, Jan 28, 2018 at 13:08
Hi Michelle

All I can say is what a d.... head and when will those morons even learn.

Keep Cool, as it is 44.5 over here at the moment.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 616419

Reply By: Dean K3 - Sunday, Jan 28, 2018 at 17:39

Sunday, Jan 28, 2018 at 17:39
Well for once it wasn't the bayswater subway that seems to cliam a victim about 1 truck every 3 days NOR was it inskip point for the eastern staters

As per usual when ambition exceeds ability

Anybody could easily tell that driving along that section with drop off like that be asking for trouble, but commonsense isn't that common anymore.
AnswerID: 616432

Follow Up By: mountainman - Monday, Jan 29, 2018 at 15:37

Monday, Jan 29, 2018 at 15:37
It was his second roll over.
Said his dad.
Insurance should be 10k excess from now on for the idiot.
And restrictions on what he can claim as to where it happened.
FollowupID: 887825

Reply By: Dean K3 - Monday, Jan 29, 2018 at 17:56

Monday, Jan 29, 2018 at 17:56
@mountainman -interesting have spotted some further post recovery pictures - wonder how they managed to access the wreck unless another "safer track" nearby or they bush bashed to get there ?

One of pictured clearly showed a small little Tupperware like container with a very small snap seal bag with some funny looking tabacco like substance in it

Wonder what the DNA test results would be if positive should be null and void cover
AnswerID: 616486

Reply By: Ron N - Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 11:09

Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 11:09
At least this idiot only ruined his vehicle and didn't kill anyone.

But what about the imbecile who built his own massive, illegal road train? - by hooking up a massively-overloaded trailer, to his dual-cab 4WD Silverado and huge caravan - who then promptly proceeded to kill another innocent road user??

And who then completely avoided any serious penalty for that outrageously-illegal behaviour, resulting in that other innocent road users death??

This poor dead truckie could have easily been you or me.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/news/crime/makeshift-road-train-driver-avoids-jail-over-fatal-crash-ng-b88740689z

I love the defence part, about how he'd made amends by paying for the truckies funeral. Big deal!! Probably paid for it out of the loose change in his pocket.

This bloke should have been jailed for 10 years minimum, and had his licence removed from him for life.

Anyone who doesn't even have a BASIC understanding of road rules, allowable lengths, weights, and the potential consequences of illegal and unapproved engineering should never be allowed behind the wheel of anything more dangerous than a pedal car.

But he slapped his home-built road-train all together, because he saw them doing it in America on a YouTube video. So that makes it alright, then.

Jesus wept.

I hope the prosecutors come back and protest at this win of Big Money over Justice.
AnswerID: 616854

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 14:17

Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 14:17
"I've tried for hours to find the video and have just managed to get it and put it on both our Facebook pages - ExplorOz Official Facebook Page and the ExplorOz Traveller Community (Facebook Group)."

I clicked on both those links and can not see what you are referring to. I should have known better than clicking on those links. They generally failures to non Facebook users.

As soon as you require us to go to Facebook for the extra info you alienate a considerable proportion of your membership. When you have something for us like that why don't you do the decent thing and post direct links to the information?
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 616859

Follow Up By: Shaker - Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 22:53

Monday, Feb 12, 2018 at 22:53
Hear hear!
FollowupID: 888290

Follow Up By: Ron N - Tuesday, Feb 13, 2018 at 13:14

Tuesday, Feb 13, 2018 at 13:14
Have to agree 100% with PeterD.

Facebook is the most invasive, intrusive, devious and useless website ever devised - designed to cater to narcissists, the "me-me-me" generation, and to those who live to post useless personal information.

My opinion of Mark Zuckerberg is that he is nothing less than a con-artist of the highest order - making billions from selling inane and personal content to companies, and constantly manipulating Facebook users to work for him for no reward - apart from the Pavlovs conditioning of seeing their name on the Web, and getting those users sucked into the Pavlovs conditioning cycle.

Facebook has virtually no intrinsic value to the world - even though it has real value to Zuckerberg and the other investors in Facebook.

The worrying part is how utterly devious Facebook is in acquiring your personal information and habits - and building massive databases of that information - and then re-selling that information on to huge data-dealing companys, that you have never even heard of - and which you have even less chance of finding out what they are doing, with all your personal information.

I have never used Facebook, I find it an utterly appalling site, user-unfriendly, full of garbage information - full of criminals looking for targets - and intent on tracking every single thing I do on the web.

Here's a tyical example. How many times have you clicked on a webpage and seen your address URL suddenly redirect to a Facebook link - then redirect again to the website you wanted - without opening any Facebook page?

That's Facebook tracking all your web movements without telling you. It's like seeing a big rat run under your bed.
You know the rat is there - you saw it run under your bed.
But you have no idea what the rat is doing under there, and you have no idea how long it is going to stay there.
More importantly, you know the rat shouldn't be there, because it's not something you wanted or asked for.

This is what people need to think about, long and hard, before they support websites that are only interested in bleeding people dry of their personal information, and giving them virtually nothing in return, apart from Pavlov conditioning.

Cheers, Ron.
FollowupID: 888297

Follow Up By: Michael H9 - Tuesday, Feb 13, 2018 at 19:51

Tuesday, Feb 13, 2018 at 19:51
I've never used Facebook either, therefore I have no idea if it is an utterly appalling site, or user-unfriendly, or full of garbage information - or full of criminals looking for targets - and if it is intent on tracking every single thing I do on the web. I do know this, Google is intent on tracking everything I do and it annoys me a lot. If I do a Google search for anything, I will be inundated with banner ads on websites like this trying to sell me the exact thing I was searching for, just like magic.
FollowupID: 888321

Follow Up By: Ron N - Tuesday, Feb 13, 2018 at 20:16

Tuesday, Feb 13, 2018 at 20:16
Even the employees at Facebook are paranoid about how much their company and its owner intrudes on and rules their lives, and spies on them.

Not a happy place to work, I'd have to say.

https://thenextweb.com/facebook/2018/02/13/facebook-employees-are-next-level-paranoid-the-company-is-watching-them/
FollowupID: 888325

Follow Up By: Ron N - Saturday, Feb 17, 2018 at 19:41

Saturday, Feb 17, 2018 at 19:41
Wow, how good is this? The Belgians are ripping into Facebook for its devious tracking methods, and a lack of tracking consent - not only from registered Facebook users - but from anyone who even just clicks on a Facebook page.

Then there's the question, rightfully asked by the Belgian court, as to just what Facebook is doing with all the personal information collected, what type of data it collects, and how long it hangs onto it?

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-02-17/facebook-could-be-fined-by-belgium-for-privacy-law-breach/9458018
FollowupID: 888453

Sponsored Links