How did you go with our December Member Challenges?

Submitted: Tuesday, Jan 30, 2018 at 16:09
ThreadID: 136187 Views:2040 Replies:0 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
If you're a Member of ExplorOz, it is expected that you take an active role in the site's content collaboration. You are the people with the most to gain but likewise, you have the most knowledge to share.

In our last Member Newsletter (Member Newsletter 33), we gave you 2 challenges.

#1 was to take time to review your past trips by going into Places and opening the map to zoom around the areas you've visited. For places shown on the map, please click the icons to check if there is at least one good photo and if not add one of yours.

Also check the Description panel and use the Edit button to add an Address or Contact if required. There's also a heading further down for "information". If there is no information you can click the Edit button and type directly into the page. Clicking ok will save the update. I monitor all the updates so don't panic. It's all verified.

#2 Was seeking anyone who has been on the Fleurieu Penninsula to add photos to our Fleurieu Trek. To do this, you click on the What to See, Where to Stay sections and look for the list of Places - one's showing the Places logo instead of a photo have no photo. Please click to open the Place then you'll see an button labelled "Add Photos".

So this is just a reminder, as I still believe it will take everyone to contribute to get a photo for all 90,000 Places we have in our database.

Remember, anytime Places are updated, app users have access to download a fresh copy of the Places database in the ExplorOz Traveller app. These Places are interactive icons shown as overlays on the EOTopo maps and this update feature is how our maps stay fresh and current and ongoing. The collaboration between travellers is a key success of the ExplorOz community.

So keep updating from your past trips in this way whenever you have the time folks!
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Sponsored Links