Bunroy Creek VIC

Submitted: Monday, Feb 26, 2018 at 23:04
ThreadID: 136332 Views:2188 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
TRIP REPORT
Out of Wagga via Burrandana and Pulletop. Cross the Hume at Little Billabong, then 4 Mile Rd and Coppabella Rd to pick up the road into Jingellic.
Quick stop at the store for supplies and across the bridge into Victoria.
Walwa and Farran's Lookout (great view of the mountains) then left out to the Towong Reserve for morning smoko. Camping here is great but the Murray is mighty here and not for small kids.
Back road to meet the Khancoban Road and turn off at an unlocked gate onto Fishers Track. Steep but well-formed and some overnight rain kept the dust down.
Up to the summit of Mount Elliot, a hang gliding launch with fabulous views over Corryong and the Upper Murray.
Followed Mt Ellliot Ridge Track south past fruit trees and a mock up Ned Kelly.
Down McCormacks Gap Track to meet the Bunroy Road which is unsealed but very easy going.
Track into Bunroy Creek is easy despite there being a bridge out only a short distance from the turn-off.
Bunroy Creek is a delightful spot - a couple of picnic tables and fireplaces and room for a few to camp. There is also a deep swimming hole and a rope swing.
We stopped here for lunch and a wander - lovely spot.
Back to the Bunroy Road north via the Indi Reserve, another nice but exposed campsite on the banks of the Murray.
Followed Bunroy Road north to hit the Khancoban Road and head home with enough time for an ale at the Jingellic Pub.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Mick O - Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018 at 13:00

Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018 at 13:00
Hey thanks for the trip report Michael. I thought I'd have a bit of a look at Bunroy Creek in the 'Places' section and it's not there. Do you reckon you could add a 'Place' for it (hope you had the GPS running) and photo's if you have them. Also any other 'Places" from your trip you might be able to add or update. I'd like to get up that way for a look myself.

Cheers,

The other Mick O.
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 617244

Follow Up By: Member - Michael O (NSW) - Saturday, Mar 03, 2018 at 21:09

Saturday, Mar 03, 2018 at 21:09
Hi Mick
Bunroy Creek is 36°21'36.8"S 148°02'30.6"E
Have added it to Places.
Only just bought my HEMA and still learning how to record trails...
FollowupID: 888938

Reply By: Member - Min (NSW) - Thursday, Mar 01, 2018 at 23:12

Thursday, Mar 01, 2018 at 23:12
This one's a keeper. Thanks for the info. Covered some of that country last year and looking forward to return.
AnswerID: 617284

Sponsored Links