Landcruiser 100 series

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 27, 2018 at 21:42
ThreadID: 136342 Views:4701 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Are the doors or just doors cards & windows (electric) compatible between Std wagon 105 and 100 series GXL?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Crusier 91 - Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018 at 08:38

Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018 at 08:38
From memory the only difference is the front axle/suspension, HZ, TARE & GVM, otherwise the shell is the same.
AnswerID: 617239

Follow Up By: Malcom M - Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018 at 09:42

Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018 at 09:42
Not so, look at the rear doors.
Quite a lot of differences.

Suggest you head on over to Lcool.org and ask there but I believe the doors are the same
FollowupID: 888833

Follow Up By: Crusier 91 - Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018 at 16:00

Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018 at 16:00
Malcom, the 105 came out with tailgate as well as barn doors.
FollowupID: 888838

Reply By: Ron N - Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018 at 10:29

Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018 at 10:29
One of the things you learn about Japanese vehicles, after you have worked on them for years - is that they will change the design of many components and panels up to three or four times a year - just because they can!

I went to buy a Hilux windscreen wiper blade from a Toyota dealer quite a number of years ago - and the parts bloke asked the year - which I gave him - then he said, "what month of build in that year?"

I asked, "Why does the build month matter?" ...
He replied, "Because there are no less than THREE different designs of wiper blade for Hiluxes in that year! So I need the exact build month to get the right one!"

The only way you can find out the design changes is by tracking down the parts breakdown of your model.
Parts that show the same part number are interchangeable. If the part number is different, there's been a change in design.

Sometimes, that engineering change is relatively minor, and the part will still interchange with previous models.
If there's a diagram for the part, you can sometimes see a physical difference in the part/component.

To that end, helpfully, we fortunately have the Toyota EPC (Electronic Parts Catalog) online!

Toyota EPC - Landcruiser

The important part about using the EPC is ensuring that you have your PRECISE model number to hand when you search the catalog!
You must also select the country where your model is located - as there are European models, American models, Japanese models, and Australian and Midde East models of Toyotas! - and they all have build variations and different parts!

A 100 series model number looks something like this - UZJ100R-GNANKQ.

The first 5 or 6 letters and numbers is the basic model - the R or L following the basic model designation refers to RHD or LHD - and the following 5 or 6 letters refer to a range of other variations in build such as auto tranny, live or independent front end, etc, etc.

Once you find your model number listed, you will see "Options" at the end of the headings. Holding your mouse over the abbreviation gives a description of what the abbreviation stands for - and the last abbreviation under "Options" is the country where the model is sold.

There is one "country" description - "GEN" - and this means a "General" model, sold in multiple countries, with exactly the same build for those multiple countries.

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 617242

Reply By: maurice b - Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018 at 15:09

Wednesday, Feb 28, 2018 at 15:09
The answer is yes , upgrading your 105 to the 100 GXL door cards and electric window is a very popular conversion. Obviously if you have barn doors you simply purchase an after market door lock . On my 2002 HZJ105 i had to run all new wires for the locks as my harness did not have them. I left windows as standard so can't comment.
AnswerID: 617248

Sponsored Links