Caravan insurance for home build

Submitted: Friday, Mar 02, 2018 at 15:33
ThreadID: 136355 Views:1945 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I am building a little off road popup caravan out of epoxy composite with all the bells and whistles. It would cost in excess of $120,000 to replace it with a comparable branded upmarket van.

If it got damaged in a prang, I would more than likely repair it myself. If the damage was extensive, it would have to go to a shipright for repair. Any other stuff I can do myself. I don't need layup, motor fusion or anything like that.

I'd like to insure in the event of some calamity like fire, theft or a really big accident at the lowest possible premium. So I have called several insurance companies like CIL, NRMA and AAIMI to ask if I can get cover with a very large excess of say $10,000-$20,000 to minimise the premium. The best any of these can do is a $1,000 excess.

I insured my boat in this way some years ago and am wondering if anyone knows an insurance company that is more flexible on the excess.

Thanks in advance,

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Friday, Mar 02, 2018 at 23:09

Friday, Mar 02, 2018 at 23:09
If you go to an insurance broker Keith, he should be able to source the best company to suit your needs.

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 617322

Follow Up By: Keith B2 - Saturday, Mar 03, 2018 at 16:30

Saturday, Mar 03, 2018 at 16:30
Thanks for the tip. When the time draws closer, I'll do exactly that.
FollowupID: 888929

Sponsored Links