Dig Options OFF Road maps

Submitted: Tuesday, Mar 13, 2018 at 16:55
ThreadID: 136403 Views:3314 Replies:4 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone loaded these off road maps from OziExplorer3D? I've managed to buy something and have a username & Key #, just an issue with entering details and downloading the software. Any suggestions & be nice please.
Unit is from Dig options; in car entertainment & navigation system.
The Navi works quite well but need the off road maps.
Geoff
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: The Explorer - Tuesday, Mar 13, 2018 at 17:35

Tuesday, Mar 13, 2018 at 17:35
Hello

OziExplorer3D if for PC's only - wont work on an in car unit (unless it happens to be running MSWindows). The software required is probably OziexplorerCE.

Also note the software is just software - its doesnt come with any maps - you have to source them elsewhere e.g. EOTopo.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 617531

Follow Up By: Geoff K4 - Tuesday, Mar 13, 2018 at 22:08

Tuesday, Mar 13, 2018 at 22:08
Ok, so what would be the best GPS in car maps to have for "off road" use Australia wide.
Geoff
FollowupID: 889237

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018 at 11:45

Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018 at 11:45
mmmm Ok now I get the picture - your unit already has OziExplorer on it (Android version) and for some reason you thought Oziexplorer3D were a set of off road maps...or something. Anyway it appears your question has been answered in detail below. Have fun.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 889251

Reply By: HKB Electronics - Tuesday, Mar 13, 2018 at 23:10

Tuesday, Mar 13, 2018 at 23:10
IS it a new unit, from what I read the current ones have a dual operating system windows and android?

Also it shows on their Ebay adds that at least the prado model comes with off road maps?

As above you can get oziexplorer for windows CE and Android but if it comes with off road maps I would assume that would be oziexplorer?

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 617541

Follow Up By: Geoff K4 - Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018 at 07:38

Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018 at 07:38
HKB, Yes the operating system is Android with dual mapping apparently available from as you said, oziExplorer.That's the site i purchased the license. It's available for PC and Android devices such as hand held and in-car. My license allows me to enter my username and key# to download the mapping but this is the area I'm having trouble. I've sent the site a request for help without any response so far.
Geoff
FollowupID: 889244

Reply By: Rob K (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018 at 08:45

Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018 at 08:45
Hi Geoff,

Letting people know which particular DIG Options unit you purchased would help for a start, can check what came in the box.

Going to their website and looking at one of their units it would appear DIG Options pre-install Ozi Explorer onto the system and offer, via download, 2GB of BONUS Australia-wide Topographical (Toppo) Off-Road Map Data to get you going.

To quote the website "The FREE Off Road Map Data includes over 500 extensive Maps of Outback Australia. Please note that this is via DOWNLOAD. Please contact us." I'd start there for getting the offroad maps for your unit when using Ozi Explorer.

Regarding the Ozi Explorer software, you will need to start the demo version in the DIG Options media unit and there should be an option to enter the user ID and password you received from Ozi Explorer to activate the full version. It will only have the World map in the 'map' folder. To access the downloaded topo maps mentioned above you will need to copy the files to the SD card provided with the media unit into the 'Map' folder under the Ozi software file folder. You do this via the computer with the SD card inserted into a USB port via an adaptor or, if you computer has a SD reader, use this port.

Once the topo maps are copied into the 'Map' folder on the SD card and the card is reinserted into the media unit, run Ozi again, go to the Maps tab and look for 'index maps' and run the process. May take a little while. This should then let Ozi find the topo maps and then allow the software to use these maps as the offroad maps when running Ozi.

Hope this helps.

Cheers

Rob K
AnswerID: 617543

Follow Up By: maurice b - Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018 at 11:06

Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018 at 11:06
If you want to load maps on the sd card you will need to tell Ozi where there are as default is internal memory. .Create a Map folder on sd card and place maps also in folders, ect Hema/ Aust 250k ect ,each map has two files to make it work. image and dot file. Then you need to configure map file path in Configure/ General Settings . I would also change Data path to sd so you don't have the plug pc into car unit to retrieve track/wp logs Restart ozi and maps will auto index .
FollowupID: 889249

Follow Up By: Rob K (VIC) - Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018 at 12:43

Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018 at 12:43
Hi Maurice,

I thought the Ozi Explorer software is loaded on the SD for these types of GPS unit, as is the other navigation software such as Navi or iGo etc. The media unit only has the operating system installed internally such as Android of Microsoft CE.

I could be wrong because it's been some time since I had to play around with one of the media units. I apologise in advance if things have changed.

I concur with all your other suggestions to help Ozi work properly.

Cheers

Rob K
FollowupID: 889252

Follow Up By: maurice b - Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018 at 18:24

Wednesday, Mar 14, 2018 at 18:24
Can be confusing many refer to "load on SD card "as the internal memory and it's external SD for the inserted SD.
FollowupID: 889260

Reply By: 116hynes - Thursday, Mar 15, 2018 at 12:57

Thursday, Mar 15, 2018 at 12:57
Hi Geoff,

I have a Digoptions Android unit running Oziexplorer. Contact me if you need a hand setting up. Oziexplorer app is installed on the internal sd and maps, waypoints etc. on the external.

Kevin
AnswerID: 617566

Sponsored Links