Campsites for Vic silo tour

Submitted: Monday, Mar 19, 2018 at 13:00
ThreadID: 136440 Views:3197 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
We're heading to do the silo tour over Easter and after recommendations for campsites. We are fully self sufficient but don't mind paying for a site if we have to.
Have camped at Lake Lascelles previously and have no issues staying htere again though the speed boats could ruin the serenity. We will most likely head into the desert after we see the silo's. Just have the main Easter days available.
Thanks in advance
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RussellFJ - Monday, Mar 19, 2018 at 13:57

Monday, Mar 19, 2018 at 13:57
Lake side caravan park at Brim ... but it has boats too.
AnswerID: 617695

Reply By: GarryR - Monday, Mar 19, 2018 at 16:43

Monday, Mar 19, 2018 at 16:43
We visited the silo's last year and stayed at the Green Lake campground on the Sealake-Birchip Rd. There was no water in the lake. as it has a drainage problem, and they have the funding to repair it in the near future, hence no boats. Amenities are basic but good, Electric BBQ, and hot showers. You do not need to put coins in for hot shower as per the sign ( caretaker advice ). There is also some electric sites but minimal first in as the saying goes. Depending on the time you go , mid week etc, weekends you get a lot of chinese camping who disregard the rules for noise as they are there to get the early sunrise on Lake Tyrell. This seems to be the in thing at the moment. It is also worth a drive down to the old saltworks and a walk on the salt lake if you have the time. the road in and out is ok but limited parking. I had had many experiences racing around Lake Tyrell in the Mallee Rally
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 617698

Follow Up By: phantom - Tuesday, Mar 20, 2018 at 07:58

Tuesday, Mar 20, 2018 at 07:58
Thanks Garry,
Will have a look as I like the salt lakes. We went to Lake Gairdner last year for speed week and enjoyed our time on the salt.
FollowupID: 889469

Reply By: baznpud - Tuesday, Mar 20, 2018 at 10:00

Tuesday, Mar 20, 2018 at 10:00
G'day Phantom,
Currently looking at doing the Silo Trail ourselves this year, having been in the area before and only having seen the Brim Silos, we are keen to see the others.
Camp site at Rupanyup Memorial Park, Brim Highway Park, Beulah RV Park (work in progress) off Luna Park Road, and north of Patchewollock is Lake Walpeup (great quite camp by a water hole) if weather is good you won't want to leave.
Enjoy the trip.
baz
Go caravaning, life is so much shorter than death.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 617709

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Wednesday, Mar 21, 2018 at 08:19

Wednesday, Mar 21, 2018 at 08:19
The local council has a good listing of parks and campgrounds - Yarriambiack Caravan Parks/Camping Grounds
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 617749

Sponsored Links