Shop Comment: EOTopo

Have currently got Hema Navigator 6 installed in vehicle. We anticipate a trek to WA desert areas in southwest WA. What is the best way to an upgrade? or better still to my Iphone 6.
Appreciate your immediate response on this matter. thanks Marg
Back Expand Un-Read 4 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Apr 26, 2018 at 11:27

Thursday, Apr 26, 2018 at 11:27
Marg,
The HN6 is quite old and you would need to update this to the latest version of OziExlorer so that your device can read the OZF4 file format that is supplied with the download of EOTopo. So that might be too hard (or not). You should be able to find support/help for this update task on the Hema website however. Then to get our maps you just buy the raster map license for EOTopo from our shop and you can then access the file downloads from our website for the files which you copy to your device.

However, since you mentioned that you'd prefer to use your iPhone anyway, then the best solution (and easiest for you) is to press the app icon on your phone for the App Store. Note that to get EOTopo maps in the app, you must install via the app so different process to the above. Type "ExplorOz Traveller" into the search section of the app store and buy our app. The app includes both online and offline maps, with EOTopo, Satellite and Streets& Maps mapping.

The online EOTopo map has a max zoom of Level 16 which gives you whole of Australia at 18K scale (yes 1:18,000). However, there is also an offline EOTopo map included with the app.

Note however that this is deliberately only a planning map at a small scale of 1:2.3 million and you will need to get a Premium license to unlock the zoom scales. I'm assuming you don't yet have an EOTopo license? If not that's ok - you just purchase that in-app for $49.99. (you only pay that once, no subscription, and you get all the files for whole of Australia). Once you have purchased that the app has its own Data Manager that manages the download of the map files directly into your device and this will unlock the zoom levels of the offline map so you can zoom in to Level 14 which will give you 144K scale at the max zoom (1:144,000). This is whole of Australia, offline. Hope this helps.

PS: As a Member already, you will have immediate free access to the tracking via the app.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 618536

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Thursday, Apr 26, 2018 at 14:17

Thursday, Apr 26, 2018 at 14:17
Hi Marg

Upgrade your HN6, and it is a dead easy job.

I did mine a few years ago when it would not read some extra maps that I added to it.

If you follow this link, it gives you a step by step details on how to do it.

Hema HN6 OziExplorer Update.

Once you have carried out the update, you can then add what ever maps you like and the unit will be able to read the latest data.

All the best

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 618538

Sponsored Links