Article Review: ExplorOz Traveller

My Article Rating: My Rating 4/5

Is there any means of dealing with your snail trail, so that you can cut unnecessary bits out of it or split it by cutting it into segments. Or even exporting it so you can do that in OziExplorer of even in a text file?
My work-around is to take my little Garmin eTrek GPS and put it on the dash so it records a track which I can then manipulated in Ozi.
I like the elegance of this Exploroz Traveller app in the sense that it’s on one device with just a power cord attached instead of the whole spaghetti junction of Ozi with a GPS, computer and external screen all connected with a dozen wires, but would really love to be able do aomething with my snail trail.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Sunday, May 06, 2018 at 08:52

Sunday, May 06, 2018 at 08:52
Paul as a Member you can utilse the live tracking via the app that auto syncs to EOTrackMe and your profile for thst purpose. You can save your tracking and export as GPX etc. Its a separate program to the snsil tracking.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 618698

Follow Up By: Member - Paul B (WA) - Sunday, May 06, 2018 at 09:19

Sunday, May 06, 2018 at 09:19
I can’t see how to do that Michelle. My live tracking doesn’t seem to work. I’ve been through the settings and it all appears to be on, but there hasn’t been a live track for 12 months.

Aside from that, even looking at that User Track (dated 25/4/17) I can’t see how to edit it other than by changing it’s name, etc. I can’t seem to get to the actual data.

And since I’ve got your attention, I have another bizarre issue whereby when I touch the screen to create a waypoint, it creates three: the waypoint itself with the appropriate lat long info and two others called NaNKm with an icon and nothing else, no lat/long and no delete button and no means of deleting it, although they do seem to disappear eventually if I delete the waypoint itself.

Help!
FollowupID: 890763

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, May 08, 2018 at 17:06

Tuesday, May 08, 2018 at 17:06
HI Paul,
To edit your tracking files, you need to save them to get them into the User Track format. Then you download them so that you can select the format you want to use for whatever program you want to edit them in - eg. select GPX and edit using OziExplorer if you like.

Regarding why you live tracking isn't working - all I see is that you have a device registered to EOTrackMe and that device is labelled EOTraveller (iOS). This is the one that last recorded tracking in August 2017. If you are still using that iOS device, then you should simply open the app, and from the home screen go to the Track Logging section and you'll see the word Enable. If the side switch is not green it will be grey which means its switched off. Just press it to make the switch turn green and you will have tracking back on.

No idea about the waypoint anomolies - perhaps a memory lag on your device? Just a close of the app and reopen would probably do the trick as it sounds like image caching.

Hope this helps. Please contact me via email if you need more in-depth help. The forum is not really the place for individual support as these issues are not relevant to anyone else but I'm always happy to help if I can. Thanks
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 890830

Follow Up By: Idler Chris - Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 19:45

Thursday, May 10, 2018 at 19:45
Hi Michelle, I don't agree that support issues are not relevant to others. I find that understanding the issues that others have improves my overall understand of the Traveller App. Also Paul is a seasoned traveller, so if he has issues there is a good chance that others may also have similar issues. Just a thought.
Chris
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 890900

Follow Up By: Member - Paul B (WA) - Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 20:43

Saturday, May 12, 2018 at 20:43
Thanks Michelle, my apologies for the very tardy reply - this is the first opportunity I've had to look at both the app and my computer with Ozi installed. I've figured out how to download the tracking log and tidy it up in Ozi, so thanks for that. Still not sure about why the tracklog isn't working on my iPad but I'll deal with you direct on that at some stage so to not bore the forum members, notwithstanding my old mate Idler Chris's kind remarks.
Many thanks once again.
FollowupID: 890957

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, May 07, 2018 at 23:59

Monday, May 07, 2018 at 23:59
Sorry i missed this until now. Please you please send me a direct email info @exploroz.com and I'll try to help you tomorrow.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 618735

Sponsored Links