Is there camping at Boologooro Station North of Carnavon WA

Finding it hard to find any information about camping at this station.
It is shown on Road & Tracks book but no update info on the web or places in Exploroz
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Athol W1 - Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 08:03

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 08:03
Pedro

Do you mean Point Quobba and south of the blowholes, if so then we camped there July last year at a cost of $16.00 (2 persons), and there was no indication then that they may be closing the site having recently installed 2 new dump points and a rubbish collection bin.

Regards
Athol
AnswerID: 619237

Reply By: AlanTH - Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 09:21

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 09:21
If that's the same place be aware it gets very windy especially if you have a prime position with a view.
We spent an horrendous night there a couple of years ago.... try undoing the straps then zipping the door on a camper when it's lashing down and the winds blowing about cyclone strength. :)
Next morning we went below the dunes and the sand from above got us so we and others went inland to the then campground at Rocky Pool.
AlanTH.
AnswerID: 619240

Reply By: Member - pedro1 - Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 11:13

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 11:13
Its about 70km north of Carnavon, not on the coast but on the North West Coastal Hwy
AnswerID: 619241

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 14:15

Wednesday, May 30, 2018 at 14:15
I just linked the Places page for Boologooro station into this post and if you click through there is a phone number listed so suggest give them a call direct to find out the latest. I also note that if you look at the Places Nearby link shown in the description panel that there is a rest area 8km away.

Hopefully some recent travellers or trip planners will update the details as both descriptions indicate status unknown.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 619246

Sponsored Links