Fortuna GPSmart

Submitted: Friday, Jun 11, 2004 at 08:27
ThreadID: 13680 Views:3040 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just a follow up from a post a while ago, I purchased the correct sync cable for the Fortuna gpsmart (non bluetooth) from expansys (it arrived in the time they said!!) and it works like a treat when trying to communicate to oziexplorer loaded on laptop. The cable comes with a car adapter for powering the unit (something I didn't know). I'm getting a IPAC 1930 shortly so I'm looking to see if there is a way of pluging the USB connection to it.
I'm in the market for street naviagtion software ( i'm in Melbourne)for either the laptop or the IPAC if anyone has any suggestions i'd appreciate it.

Regards
Craig
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Greg Harewood - Friday, Jun 11, 2004 at 21:26

Friday, Jun 11, 2004 at 21:26
Graig

Contact Brian at www.gpsoz.com.au

He will answer all your questions

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 62831

Reply By: Nicholas from OctaPC - Friday, Jun 18, 2004 at 05:28

Friday, Jun 18, 2004 at 05:28
Be aware that street nav software is pretty much for the whole of Australia. Travroute is an option but one of a few to consider. Magellan have PDA software as well, something you might want to consider. GPSOZ is one of a few suppliers who can supply travroute, so make sure you hunt around for the best prices first.
AnswerID: 63695

Sponsored Links