Rudall River from Aerochute

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 26, 2018 at 20:43
ThreadID: 136904 Views:2511 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
A quick edit from the Aerochute flight that my fearless partner and myself across the Broadhurst Ranges earlier this month.

Amazing flight! A lot of water around and so much to see on the traverse across from the old airstrips at Rudall Airport! across to DQB and return. Amazing caves, gorges, water pools, rockholes....In particular there was a cave like waterhole on a small waterful about 5km from DQB that was cool (skip tp 5:10).

Excuse the footage, I've sped up the 60min of recording to under 10 minutes. Working on a better edit but was excited to share it with some members that might be interested (paging Mick O).

Flight track below - not terribly accurate as I only had track points recording every 1 minute.

Full version: (skip tp 3:30 for DQB)

Hiddenwaterholes:

Back Expand Un-Read 8 Moderator

Reply By: Austag - Thursday, Jun 28, 2018 at 07:53

Thursday, Jun 28, 2018 at 07:53
Those hidden water holes were a great little find. Would love to have found them on our walks out there! Thanks for sharing.
"Nothing that matters comes easy
Nothing that comes easy ever really matters"

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 619821

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Jun 28, 2018 at 20:53

Thursday, Jun 28, 2018 at 20:53
This is so cool, thanks for posting something many of us would never be able to attempt. I've only been to Ruddal River the once, but was very captivated by DQB and the whole area. We did quite a bit of exploring but it looks very different from the air.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 619837

Sponsored Links