Theldarpa and Pincally Station Stay

Submitted: Wednesday, Aug 01, 2018 at 07:52
ThreadID: 137063 Views:4133 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone been to Theldarpa or Pincally Stations NSW (around Milparinka) recently? I have tried to email an enquiry to both properties and the email has bounced back.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Baz - The Landy - Wednesday, Aug 01, 2018 at 08:13

Wednesday, Aug 01, 2018 at 08:13
I was recently at Milparinka as caretaker / information person at the visitor centre and my understanding is that Theldarpa is not open for camping due to the drought conditions in the Corner Country.

Try making contact with Ruth Sandow on Pimpara Lakes Station as her son runs Theldarpa Station. Ruth is heavily involved with tourism in the Corner Country and will be able to clarify for you.

You can camp behind the Milparinka Visitor Information Centre along Evelyn Creek (currently dry!) for $10 per night per vehicle.

And take the time to have a look around the centre - well worth it.

Enjoy!

Cheers, Baz - The Landy
AnswerID: 620442

Follow Up By: D And S team - Wednesday, Aug 01, 2018 at 14:43

Wednesday, Aug 01, 2018 at 14:43
Thanks Heaps Baz sent an email to Pimpara Lake Station and the Corner Country Facebook messenger. Can you recommend anywhere up that way for a good bush camp away from it all we are self sufficient - camper trailer and two puppies. I really wanted to get a feed of yabbies as well as my wife has never tried them. Thanks again much appreciated.

Damon and Sophie
FollowupID: 892886

Follow Up By: Baz - The Landy - Thursday, Aug 02, 2018 at 09:42

Thursday, Aug 02, 2018 at 09:42
Hi Damon & Sophie

I know that people do camp out at Depot Glen near Milparinka, although I don't think it is encouraged as it is on Mt Poole Station.

But as you travel you will come across either free or low cost alternatives and I suggest you subscribe to Wikicamps if you haven't already.

A feed of yabbie is a little more problematic and it might still be a little cold to see any in great quantities, not too mention a lot of creeks and rivers are low...

Enjoy your trip.

Cheers, Baz - The Landy
FollowupID: 892898

Reply By: Des W1 - Tuesday, Aug 07, 2018 at 12:24

Tuesday, Aug 07, 2018 at 12:24
Hi. I know for a fact that a lot of the stations are closed to camping etc, due to the drought.
I know Theldarpa and Pimpara Lake stations are very busy with dealing with drought conditions etc. Campers would be the last thing in their minds at the moment.
Perhaps look for somewhere else just for the moment.
AnswerID: 620573

Sponsored Links