best 10 or 12 ply radials in 9.50 30 *15

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 12, 2004 at 18:13
ThreadID: 13710 Views:1536 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone, I am a farmer in Northern NSW and have an old ford f100 which is our main farm truck(cheap, reliable, easy to fix and lots of grunt) It does quite a bit of heavy carting. With seed and fertilizer and occasionally pulling a bogie trailer as well. It has yokohama superdigger tyres on it at present in 10.50 /31 *15 these have been good and have got 55000 out of them. But maybe with the heavy work we do should put stronger tyres on it. I want to go down a size to 9.50 30 *15 because it is too heavy in the steering at the moment. As far as I am aware all common 4wd tyres in the above size are 6 ply. What can I get in a 8, 10 or 12 ply that will still be good in the mud and drive just as well as the superdiggers, wrangler ATR, or dueler ATs on the tar. The old truck isn't the best truck to steer on the tar. Like the titanic. I need something good, and strong but will still give a good ride and steer well. Cost not really an issue, just want the best for our intended use. It does 20% of its miles around the paddocks which are rocky black soil predominantly.
Has anyone got any suggestions?
Thanks Scott
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: F trucker - Monday, Jun 14, 2004 at 16:38

Monday, Jun 14, 2004 at 16:38
Surely someone must know whats available in the 9.50/30 15 size or similar dimentions in metric. I have my tyre dealer looking/ or at least he said he would. But I would like to know what you all think as well, sometimes you shouldn't always take the dealers word or opinions. I have looked on the net but have come up empty so far. Everything I have seen is 6 ply or either doesn't say and has a load rating in the low hunderds which would be 6 ply. Tyres are a big investment for me and I don't want to make a mistake by putting something bad on my truck.
Hoping for some help
Thanks Scott
AnswerID: 63089

Follow Up By: cmilton54 - Monday, Jun 14, 2004 at 17:38

Monday, Jun 14, 2004 at 17:38
Nothing available in ply range you want. Going back a size will give less mileage and more fuel use. New tyres will not have as much rubber contact as worn tyres and will give lighter steering responce.
Cheer
Charlie Milton
FollowupID: 324431

Sponsored Links