Katherine

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 23, 2018 at 17:27
ThreadID: 137162 Views:3454 Replies:4 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Need some help regarding accommodation in Katherine in a cabin or holiday unit from February until the end of March anybody know of a good place i would be interested in your feedback/
Cheers
Humpback
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ozi M - Thursday, Aug 23, 2018 at 18:23

Thursday, Aug 23, 2018 at 18:23
I have stayed at Knotts Crossing, they have motel rooms, cabins without ensuites and self contained studio rooms with ensuites.

I have only stayed in the studio rooms for two nights.

The resort is Very green with lots of leaves and twigs lying on the ground which encourages the small brown cockroaches to proliferate.

If you have food store it in the fridge.

I have previously stayed at the motel right in the middle of town, room was reasonable and clean but a bit noisy. The do have a security gate which is closed at night for which you get a code.
AnswerID: 620849

Reply By: Kenell - Friday, Aug 24, 2018 at 07:32

Friday, Aug 24, 2018 at 07:32
We recently stayed at the Shady Lane Caravan Park. It has cabin accommodation also. It is a very well run park with a nice pool. We didn't see inside any of the cabins and have no idea of costs but at that time of year they should be off season tariff. The park is 6 - 8 ks out of the town centre on the road to the gorge. Its a quiet spot with little traffic and it is set well back from the road. Regardless of where you choose it might be worth enquiring on flood position as Katherine is very prone during the wet.
AnswerID: 620861

Reply By: 4ofus - Friday, Aug 24, 2018 at 18:07

Friday, Aug 24, 2018 at 18:07
There is a great park called Big 4 Katherine at the Lower Level. Lots of cabins to choose from. There is a good bistro here so you dont need to go into town. The cabins also have kitchenettes, little balcony and there is a pool.
There is also Shady Lane which has raised cabins.
AnswerID: 620871

Follow Up By: Member - Tony H (touring oz) - Saturday, Aug 25, 2018 at 16:16

Saturday, Aug 25, 2018 at 16:16
The Low Level Caravan Park is my favorite place to stay in Katherine (3 times now)
https://www.katherineholidaypark.com.au/
Insanity doesnt run in my family.... it gallops!

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 893338

Follow Up By: Nomadic Navara - Tuesday, Aug 28, 2018 at 07:13

Tuesday, Aug 28, 2018 at 07:13
" There is a good bistro here so you dont need to go into town."

Does that operate through the wet season?
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 893361

Reply By: Member - Cuppa - Wednesday, Aug 29, 2018 at 10:48

Wednesday, Aug 29, 2018 at 10:48
Manbulloo Station about 9km out of Katherine on Victoria Hwy have accomodation - we spent a very pleasant 6 weeks there when we needed to get vehicle motor replaced in Katherine a few years ago. Nicer & more affordable than in town
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 620908

Sponsored Links