anyone been to.........

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 02, 2018 at 21:58
ThreadID: 137188 Views:3162 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
hey guys and girls

ok, so the yearly circuit is about to get under way for the family and i........
this year, temperatures allowing, we will head southish, until its too cold, and then god knows from there.

first stop: Country Style Caravan Park
3 days or so to explore around the area.....
thurs/fri/sat

second stop: Three Creeks Tourist Gold Mine
sun/mon
2 or maybe 3.......... is it worth the stay and how are the finds when fossicking?

third stop: dubbo
maybe 2 nights
tues/weds

from there, through bathurst and heading for sydney...... if there anywhere that one would recommend to stop at.....
thurs/fri/sat

might head down to canberra for a couple of nights
sun/mon/tues

weds/thurs/fri (arrive in stanthorpe on the friday arvo)
then head home up the coast and to stanthorpe for a night and then home from there in a day back to gympie on the saturday.

any thoughts on any of this would be appreciated. we are not going too much into the planning, thats a bit of an idea of where we MIGHT head, but it will all depend on how we feel and how we find the travelling this year.

cheers.

btw, we leave in just under 2 weeks.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Nomadic Navara - Monday, Sep 03, 2018 at 09:56

Monday, Sep 03, 2018 at 09:56
It would help if you did not talk in code. Where is Country Style Caravan Park and Three Creeks Tourist Gold Mine?
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 620998

Follow Up By: ManGoat - Monday, Sep 03, 2018 at 19:33

Monday, Sep 03, 2018 at 19:33
Caravan park

27156 New England Hwy, Glen Aplin QLD 4381

Three Creeks Goldmine, Upper Bingara NSW 2484
FollowupID: 893492

Reply By: RMD - Monday, Sep 03, 2018 at 16:01

Monday, Sep 03, 2018 at 16:01
ManGoat
Is that Billy and the Kids?

The towns/cities mentioned are known but the must visit places are a mystery.

How cold is too cold, Canberra is often far colder than in Victoria. You must love traffic if going to Sydney and Canberra.
AnswerID: 621000

Reply By: splits - Monday, Sep 03, 2018 at 21:40

Monday, Sep 03, 2018 at 21:40
If you are going to drive down the middle of NSW then it will most likely be cold no matter where you stop. I have a son living in Canberra and he tells us every week that it is freezing.

Sydney has five million people and who knows how many million cars and trucks. They all seem to be on the road at the same time and almost all are carrying only one person. Traffic is near gridlocked and it is the road rage capital of the country. I live 110 ks by road from it and that is far too close. I went in there twice by train last week. I can't remember how long it has been since I drove a car in there.

The best way to see it could be the bus and harbor tours.TOURS There is also the Harbor Bridge climbs. If that looks like it is in the too hard basket then there is a lift to the top of the south eastern pylon and the Australia Square tower.LOOKOUT

Have a look at the web sites for the council or tourist centres in the areas you want to visit. They will list all the local attractions and annual events.

If you go through Bathurst then a lap of Mt. Panorama is a must. The views at the top are beautiful and the motor racing museum at the bottom of the main straight is well worth a look. You can stop in the picnic areas across the top.

If you go to Sydney via Katoomba then Echo Point and the Three Sisters is also a must see.

If you do have an interest in motor racing and you pass through Katoomba then have a look at the old circuit at Catalina Park. You will see it right beside the centre of Katoomba on Google Maps. There is a picnic area beside it. You can't drive around it but you can walk around it.

If you want to see snow then go from Bathurst to Goulburn via Oberon, Black Springs and Taralga then on to Gundagai, Tumut, Talbingo, Adaminaby then the good part sealed road part dirt road to Canberra through Shannons Flat. There should still be snow in the Kiandra area or up to the Three Mile Dam which is three miles from Kiandra.Check with Nat Parks or the Tumut tourist centre for for weather conditions and any travel restrictions.

Mt Kosciuszko should have plenty of snow on it. To get a good distant view of it, go from Tumut to Tumbarumba and then nine ks out of town on the Jingellic Road to the Mannus Correctional Centre. After crossing the little bridge over Mannus Creek, go up the long hill to the cross roads, turn left past the prison sheering shed and the single house about 700 metres ahead to the historic family cemetery just past the house. You will now have a beautiful view down the Mannus valley to a snow capped Kosciuszko in the distance.

You can then go back to Kiandra via Tumbarumba and the Elliott Way. From Tumba go towards Tooma for about 20 ks then left on the Elliott Way past the short turn off to Cabramurra then past the Three Mile Dam to Kiandra. There is some beautiful scenery on that road.
AnswerID: 621005

Follow Up By: ManGoat - Monday, Sep 03, 2018 at 22:14

Monday, Sep 03, 2018 at 22:14
right, its official, we SUCK at organising trips....... lol. thanks for the tips. ill be sure to check some of those out.

FollowupID: 893494

Sponsored Links