National gathering coming up!!! At Kilcowera

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 05, 2018 at 15:41
ThreadID: 137200 Views:3089 Replies:5 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Well, the National Gathering is just around the corner! It seems to have snuck up on me a bit. The dates are from the 1 to the 5th October at our place Kilcowera Station on the Dowling Track in SW QLD.

A few points that may help with your trip planning: There is no entry into Kilcowera from the south, there is only one entry into us and that is from the west. Despite what your GPS tells you.

Wednesday night we will be cooking your dinner for you. A 3 course meal which is $35 PP or $25 for children under 12. We will be dining under the stars (and spotlights) so you can see what you are getting! If you would like to participate in the dinner please let us know either by phone or send us a quick email.

Camping fees for you guys will be $25 per vehicle per night this is regardless of whether there is 1 or 6 in the car and includes use of the Shearers Quarters amenities ( bathrooms, toilets, laundry, picnic tables, chairs, fireplaces and BBQ ).Bush camping is about 1 km from the main camping area and is set alongside an enormous lagoon. Unfortunately there is no water in it now, but camping under the trees is still nice particularly if you want a bit of peace and solitude. Comfortable accommodation is also available in the Shearers Quarters for $45 PP per night.

If you would like a powered site this is an extra $5 per night. Powered sites are limited and so will indeed be limited to those who really need the power for the use of those machines that run all night so their owners have a good sleep. All other guests are able to plug in their phones, cameras etc and charge them up at the Shearers quarters at any available power point whenever.

On one of your days here we will run a free tagalong tour of some of Kilcowera and most of Zenonie Station. During this tour we will be checking all the stock waters, fences, stock and generally making sure everything is cruising along as it should be. This is the water run that Greg does every second day. Most people find it extremely interesting. We will provide smoko for you at some stage on this run.

We have a 60 km self drive tour of Kilcowera that can take most of a day or 3 or 4 hours depending on your interests. The drive takes you out to the back of Currawinya National Park and back via a slightly different route. You will see some of our stock, many native animals, creeks, caves, gorges, birds and lots of rocks.

Now did you know that Kilcowera is ideally situated for day trips to other interesting places in the SW? While your here you could pop down to Hungerford Pub for a coldie, then up to the National Park. You could visit the cute little town of Eulo and have a mud bath, buy a hand plaited leather belt or whip and have a coldie there too. If your into opals a visit to Yowah would be in order. And straight up the road from us is Thargomindah where you can buy most of what you will need if you run short of anything. Please note we do not sell fuel at Kilcowera. Or beer. But I do sell eggs! The girls are laying very well at the moment. We also have some nice souvenirs to tempt you.

At the moment 90 % of NSW is drought declared and about half of Queensland is too. So are we. We do have plenty of very nice bore water at Kilcowera, so we are not short of water. And the campground at our Shearers Quarters is a very large grassy area so while your camped there you can forget about the drought and just enjoy all being together and putting faces to names. We are very much looking forward to having you all here! Our contact details are gtsherwin@bigpond.com or 07 4655 4960. Could those of you who have not contacted us yet, please do so, indicating their attendance and if they would like to join us for the dinner? Many thanks Toni and Greg PS If there is a tiler coming along I sure would like to know about it!!!!

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: GarryR - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2018 at 16:33

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2018 at 16:33
Well said Toni, Judy and I with a little dog in tow will be there late 29th or mid morning on the 30th should things go well.
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 621029

Follow Up By: Kilcowera Station Stay - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2018 at 20:45

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2018 at 20:45
Got you and Judy and old dog down Gary. See you soon! Cheers Toni and Greg
FollowupID: 893535

Reply By: Member - cruza25 - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2018 at 18:55

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2018 at 18:55
Thanks Toni,
Just sent you an email.
We will be heading up from Adelaide leaving Saturday morning.
Looking forward to the visit
Cheers
Mike
AnswerID: 621034

Reply By: Sir Kev - Wednesday, Sep 05, 2018 at 20:55

Wednesday, Sep 05, 2018 at 20:55
I am packing already Toni :)

Have emailed you (again) my details for the Gathering. I have Jan Ferguson (Jan's Country Art) tagging along with us in her vehicle (hasn't been further west than Roma before) so she is very keen to see the sights and potentially do some more paintings.

I also have one of my pooches attending as well (my Service dog), so will be interesting to see how she goes.

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 621040

Reply By: Member - John T (Tamworth NSW) - Thursday, Sep 06, 2018 at 05:21

Thursday, Sep 06, 2018 at 05:21
Hi Toni and Greg,

Thanks for the reminder. I will be arriving on Saturday 29th to give Sir Kev a hand with anything he needs done and to start to construct a raffle prize that I am bringing up in pieces so it cannot get damaged along the way.

I am no tiler but I have been known to do a few walls and the like - let me know and, if you want, I can throw a few tools etc in with all the other stuff.

Cheers

John T (Lifetime Member)
VKS-737 Mobile 2619
Selcall 2619
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours" - Richard Bach in "Illusions"

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 621046

Follow Up By: Kilcowera Station Stay - Friday, Sep 07, 2018 at 12:56

Friday, Sep 07, 2018 at 12:56
Hi John, have just discovered that there is a tiler in town, so will use him thanks for the offer though. Cheers Toni
FollowupID: 893580

Follow Up By: Member - John T (Tamworth NSW) - Saturday, Sep 08, 2018 at 05:35

Saturday, Sep 08, 2018 at 05:35
HI Toni,

No problem. Ignore the member message

Cheers
John T (Lifetime Member)
VKS-737 Mobile 2619
Selcall 2619
"Argue for your limitations and sure enough they're yours" - Richard Bach in "Illusions"

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 893599

Reply By: OutBack Wanderers - Thursday, Sep 06, 2018 at 11:15

Thursday, Sep 06, 2018 at 11:15
On all days to move, I will be moving house on Oct 2nd to new surroundings at downtown Bundaberg from Taree NSW

Unfortunately I can't be in two places at once, please accept my apologises for this time, hoping to meet you all at the next gathering

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 621054

Follow Up By: Kilcowera Station Stay - Friday, Sep 07, 2018 at 12:57

Friday, Sep 07, 2018 at 12:57
Oh well, we'll see if we can get by without you this time! :) Cheers and thanks for letting me know. Toni
FollowupID: 893581

Sponsored Links