Campervan with a baby

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 08, 2018 at 21:12
ThreadID: 137220 Views:2296 Replies:4 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi I was planning on buying a used campervan as I moved to Australia (for the 3rd time) from Ireland.
I was intending to get a Troopcarrier conversion high top or pop top as I had one when I lived here last time and loved it.
But then I found out I'm going to be a dad so I bought a Subaru Outback and thought I would reassess the situation.

What options are there for a campervan that can accommodate a baby seat? The toyota hiace conversions with the two long benches have no rear seat belts, same for the Troopcarrier conversions. The vw transporter conversions may be an option?
Is there any way to modify the Troopcarrier Campers to have a rear seat?

My budget is around the low 30s.

Any advice would be great.

Thanks, Tom
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: RMD - Saturday, Sep 08, 2018 at 22:47

Saturday, Sep 08, 2018 at 22:47
Don't count your hatches before they chicken.

When the triplets arrive you may have to reassess whatever you think of buying now in anticipation of the happy event.

Stick with the outback until the situation sorts itself.
AnswerID: 621101

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Sunday, Sep 09, 2018 at 15:32

Sunday, Sep 09, 2018 at 15:32
Hi Windsurftom, There is a 5 seat Troopy that you may be able to convert into a camper. Not sure on availability & price, but may be worth a look.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 621116

Reply By: splits - Sunday, Sep 09, 2018 at 16:24

Sunday, Sep 09, 2018 at 16:24
There are many seat, seat belt and baby capsule installation companies around the country. This is just one of them.SEATS
All of them should know what can and can not be done with a Troopcarrier
AnswerID: 621117

Reply By: Member - John and Lynne - Monday, Sep 17, 2018 at 15:58

Monday, Sep 17, 2018 at 15:58
Congratulations! You may well be horrified when you discover how much space a baby or small child and his/her eqipment can require! Then the kid becomes mobile which presents another set of problems and hazards. Have you considered a basic camper trailer that could perhaps be pulled by your Subaru? Lynne
AnswerID: 621261

Follow Up By: Member - Cuppa - Saturday, Oct 06, 2018 at 19:01

Saturday, Oct 06, 2018 at 19:01
John & Lynne's comment "You may well be horrified when you discover how much space a baby or small child and his/her eqipment can require!" echos our experience. We had a Vdub Kombi - was fine for the two of us but a nightmare when we became three. The baby is only a small part of all the extras you'll need to carry.
See 'My Profile' (below) for link to our Aussie travel blog, now in it's 6th year.

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 893978

Sponsored Links