Hamilton Gate Road

Submitted: Sunday, Sep 09, 2018 at 07:11
ThreadID: 137221 Views:2579 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
I cannot find any info in places or treks about Hamilton Gate Road from Wanaaring in NSW through to the Dowling Track in Queensland. Can anyone enlighten me on conditions and places of interest along this route. Proposed travel on this road is early October. I would expect it to be very dusty and some corrugations, as I have just returned back from that general direction.
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Sir Kev - Sunday, Sep 09, 2018 at 08:26

Sunday, Sep 09, 2018 at 08:26
Garry,

Give Ben at Wanaaring Store a Call, he does the mail run so should be able to give you an up to date road report.

02 6874 7720

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 621104

Follow Up By: GarryR - Monday, Sep 10, 2018 at 06:08

Monday, Sep 10, 2018 at 06:08
thanks for thank Sir Kev. that was my next train of thought. I just thought there may have been an article or past thread but nothing came up. Thanks for Ben's number as that also saved me a lot of time.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 893651

Follow Up By: Sir Kev - Monday, Sep 10, 2018 at 06:57

Monday, Sep 10, 2018 at 06:57
No problems Garry.

I was thinking of doing a run down to Hamilton Gate when at Kilcowera to have it ticked off the been there list :)

Cheers Kev

Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 893652

Reply By: IvanTheTerrible - Sunday, Sep 09, 2018 at 14:02

Sunday, Sep 09, 2018 at 14:02
Whats the destination/purpose of this trip as the road doesn't really go anywhere. Mainly used for station access.

Edit. We did part of it to exit Glen Hope road from Hungerford at Easter and did Mooleyarra Rd to access Dowling track via Hungerford two weeks ago
AnswerID: 621114

Follow Up By: KevinE - Sunday, Sep 09, 2018 at 21:42

Sunday, Sep 09, 2018 at 21:42
Probably because he's travelled the other roads in the area & is looking for something new?

We're off through there in mid Oct, for that reason.

We're on our way from Wanaaring up further towards Boulia/Bedourie & this looks like an interesting way to go.

Time will tell!
FollowupID: 893647

Follow Up By: GarryR - Monday, Sep 10, 2018 at 06:03

Monday, Sep 10, 2018 at 06:03
Judy and I like to try and take different routes across the country., to the extent of contacting station owners for permission to transverse their property. We are heading up that way in late September early October. We also try to research and drive the current and past mail runs as much as possible, stopping and talking to managers or owners, as well as staying on various stations. It is a great way of learning about our vast country, and the life attitudes it takes to live in such a remote area.

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 893650

Sponsored Links