Future National Gatherings

Submitted: Sunday, Oct 21, 2018 at 18:04
ThreadID: 137375 Views:4875 Replies:8 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
It seems that moving on from this years National Gathering, that there is some members who wish to assist with the running of future National Events.

I wish to find out who would like to assist in the running/coordination of the next National Gathering?
I am currently in discussions with Nick and Jane, who are keen to see future National Gatherings are well attended and enjoyable to all who attend.

Members who wish to have input into the 2019 National Gathering please comment on this post and we will be in contact so we can have a general overview of who wants to assist.

Having a widespread of people willing to assist from across the country, will allow the 2019 National Gathering to be in a location of suitable interest and capacity to cater for such an event.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Nick & Jane C (QLD) - Sunday, Oct 21, 2018 at 18:07

Sunday, Oct 21, 2018 at 18:07
Kev,
Anything I can do I will,put me on the list of helpers
N&J
Nick & Jane Causebrook

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 621695

Reply By: Member - cruza25 - Monday, Oct 22, 2018 at 00:05

Monday, Oct 22, 2018 at 00:05
Hi Kev
We will gladly help out with whatever you need.

We thoroughly enjoyed the trip out to Kilcowera and meeting all the folks there.

If interested parties for 2019 could add to this thread with suggestions of a suitable venue and date range that people could use to plan for 2019

Somewhere with plenty of firewood is a must I think

Cheers
Mike and Steph
AnswerID: 621705

Reply By: Member - Nick & Jane C (QLD) - Monday, Oct 22, 2018 at 08:12

Monday, Oct 22, 2018 at 08:12
All,
I have a spreadsheet on the go that I sent to Kev last night and this morning I received a mail from Bonz in VIC (see Pyrenees gatherings in the trip section).
his suggestions I will add to the list.
Not sure if I can send spreadsheets through this forum or if it will clog it up.
If you want to add somewhere or get a copy of the sheet pls mail me direct at
nick_causebrook@bigpond.com
Kev will be doing some scouting around the alpine region over the coming weeks as part of his work commitments, I will be in VIC/SA and western NSW from Feb 2019 doing the same.
If you want to catch up pls let us know
Nick
Nick & Jane Causebrook

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 621707

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Oct 22, 2018 at 18:50

Monday, Oct 22, 2018 at 18:50
You can't clog up the system Nick, this is what it's for. Please feel welcome to you use the system. As a suggestion, why not post the spreadsheet in the Members file files & documents area - Member's files & Documents area
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 894301

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Oct 23, 2018 at 07:21

Tuesday, Oct 23, 2018 at 07:21
Let me know when you're about Vic Nick, i'm in SouthWest Vic. would be good to touch base.
Regards
GWBonz
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 894318

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Oct 26, 2018 at 19:35

Friday, Oct 26, 2018 at 19:35
Hey Nick, I was just looking for your document in the Members Documents area but looks like you haven't uploaded it yet? I'd like to see this please. thank you
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 894386

Reply By: Alloy c/t - Thursday, Oct 25, 2018 at 11:25

Thursday, Oct 25, 2018 at 11:25
Perhaps a 'national' gathering should be held equidistant for all attendees ? Other 'clubs' for a better word have state 'gatherings' and then a 'national' where distance to the event is equal for close to ALL participants ...such as the Honda Goldwing Group have their National in Alice but state groups at a 'reasonable' distance from the major population areas of each state....
AnswerID: 621754

Follow Up By: The Original JohnR (Vic) - Friday, Oct 26, 2018 at 22:18

Friday, Oct 26, 2018 at 22:18
All you have to do to achieve that is get everybody to move. The alternative has been that the National Gathering moved
FollowupID: 894388

Follow Up By: OutBack Wanderer - Saturday, Oct 27, 2018 at 22:27

Saturday, Oct 27, 2018 at 22:27
Well, I've done my bit. I moved from Taree NSW to Bundaberg Qld and I still missed the gathering at Kilcowera.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 894410

Reply By: Member - sweetwill - Friday, Oct 26, 2018 at 07:33

Friday, Oct 26, 2018 at 07:33
Sir Kev.
I will gladly cut firewood.
AnswerID: 621760

Reply By: GarryR - Saturday, Oct 27, 2018 at 07:13

Saturday, Oct 27, 2018 at 07:13
Will help out as much as I can Kev. I have been in correspondence with Nick over several possible venues. While your in the Kozzie area, you might want to check out Anglers Reach just north of Adaminaby, It's a caravan park on the edge of Lake Eucabene? and is dog friendly. Judy and I have been doing an annual 4days motorbike run through the Kozzie Ranges with our local club for the past 14yrs. Jindabyne has a good c/p but not dog friendly. As you are aware a lot of that area is National Park and no dogs are allowed. You can drive through the park but not stay. GarryR and Judy
location - Warragul -Victoria
life is too short, so out and about enjoy

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 621777

Reply By: Member - Nick & Jane C (QLD) - Sunday, Oct 28, 2018 at 08:47

Sunday, Oct 28, 2018 at 08:47
Spreadsheet is in Documents under destinations
Nick & Jane Causebrook

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 621801

Reply By: Member - Nick & Jane C (QLD) - Wednesday, Oct 31, 2018 at 16:28

Wednesday, Oct 31, 2018 at 16:28
Hi all,
there seems a fair interest in Beechworth/Bright/Dinner Plain/Dartmouth at this point. I will spend some time here in the new year ( Away o/s shortly till Xmas) I have stayed at Lake Sambell Caravan Park http://www.caravanparkbeechworth.com.au/ in the past and it is good It is pet friendly. I have an interest in NE Vic wines and am member of quite a few in this region, a tour or 2 might be in order. The Ned Kelly region is close so that could be an agenda item. Beechworth is a great town Farmers market 1st Saturday /month good pubs (2) craft brewery and really good bakery. Dinner plain/Dartmouth is of little knowledge to me so any members with knowledge or favourites here please let me know.
Nick
Nick & Jane Causebrook

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 621886

Follow Up By: Member - Murray R (VIC) - Wednesday, Oct 31, 2018 at 20:58

Wednesday, Oct 31, 2018 at 20:58
Nick
Lake Sambell Caravan Park has a large grassed area next to the road into the park. There is no power and the toilets are a bit old, but you use the main ones in the park anyway. l investigated this a couple of years ago when Beechworth was mentioned some time back, but working full time and living in Melbourne made it hard to do anything. Many interesting sights in town and wineries nearby with historic towns 1/2 to 3/4 hr drive each way. Eldorado near by has a lot of gold history as do most of the towns. The snow fields are a bit further away but worth seeing in warmer months.
Dinner Plain is just a village with on camping, l can't help with Dartmouth.
When inquiring about the caravan park from memory l think they said they could supply power via generator not the best so those requiring power could use the main park area.
If coming down to this area let me know as sould be able to catch up.

Murray
Another Mexican

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 894519

Sponsored Links