Memory-Map, Hema App Services Suspended Indefinitely?

Submitted: Sunday, Oct 21, 2018 at 23:00
ThreadID: 137377 Views:6515 Replies:4 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
For those who might be using this program on their devices I have just noted the following on the Australian web site,

**Notice**
All Memory-Map services have been suspended indefinitely.
Due to contractual difficulties. All services have been withdrawn for both Memory-Map and Hema apps.

I noticed over the last few days that the Aus Topo 250 map would download only as black squares. After contacting Memory Map Help I was informed as follows

''The reseller who provided that map is no longer associated with Memory-Map".

Fortunately my previously downloaded Hema Maps and various Topo maps still seem to function. Nevertheless I have contacted Memory Map again endeavouring to determine what might be happening. Obviously this is of concern for users of Memory Map and the Hema App.
Robert
Landcruiser 200 VX Diesel + 19ft Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Monday, Oct 22, 2018 at 06:32

Monday, Oct 22, 2018 at 06:32
It doesn;t look great.does it?

I contacted Hema and Memory Map US. Apparently the franchisee in NZ is no longer involved.

Hema said that the maps would be transferred to a server and the service will be restored over the weekend.

They said the notice on the website is misleading.

I hope it comes good.

The Austopo 250 map is one of the best around.
AnswerID: 621706

Reply By: Member - peter_mcc - Monday, Oct 22, 2018 at 12:42

Monday, Oct 22, 2018 at 12:42
I just asked them as well - they pointed me to
https://support.memory-map.com/374536-Are-Memory-Map-Services-Suspended-Indefinitely

----

Are Memory-Map Services "Suspended Indefinitely"?

No. Rest assured that all Memory-Map services are working 100%.

You may have seen a puzzling message on what appears to be a Memory-Map website. However, the .au and .nz websites are controlled by a reseller who is no longer with Memory-Map. There are a few maps that have been discontinued as a result but the majority of products are not affected.

All mapping content in Australia and NZ has been or soon will be replaced with updated editions. If you are having trouble downloading maps, please contact the US site for tech support. You may be eligible for a free update.

Updated: Oct 10 (11 days ago)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 621710

Reply By: Member - peter_mcc - Tuesday, Oct 23, 2018 at 17:54

Tuesday, Oct 23, 2018 at 17:54
I got a mass email from them today:
---
Dear Customer,

You may have heard a rumor or read on the web that Memory-Map has "suspended services". Please rest assured this is not true.

The situation is, we have discontinued working with a certain re-seller, who is now putting out a false message on the Australian website. There are a few maps that we have discontinued selling, and some others that are no longer available for download. However, the Memory-Map online activation services and most maps of Australia are not affected by the change.

We have recently released new edition maps for NSW, QLD and TAS, as well as a new edition of the Hema 4WD Maps. We are working on replacements for other maps that may be affected. If you are having problems accessing your purchased maps or software, please contact us via our global support site https://memory-map.com/Support.html. You may be eligible for a free update.

The bottom line is Memory-map is fully committed to the Australia/NZ market and we are looking after our customers in the region.

Regards,
Richard Stephens
President, Memory-Map Inc.
https://memory-map.com

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 621726

Follow Up By: Bob Y. - Qld - Tuesday, Oct 23, 2018 at 19:53

Tuesday, Oct 23, 2018 at 19:53
Got the same email this morning too, Peter. Sounds like there's not to much to worry about?

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 894335

Follow Up By: Member - peter_mcc - Wednesday, Oct 24, 2018 at 08:08

Wednesday, Oct 24, 2018 at 08:08
Sounds like it's all good - I'm interested to know about the possible free upgrade!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 894353

Reply By: gothe100 - Monday, Oct 29, 2018 at 18:04

Monday, Oct 29, 2018 at 18:04
hi there guys, the other day i had the same problem, had to charge the ipad up it then done an update at home through wifi. it wiped nearly all of my maps out of memory map and hema. ive tried to reload everything and now with my old 16gig mini ipad, its full with hardly any maps. very disappointing. looks like i will be buying the hema x1
AnswerID: 621847

Follow Up By: Member - peter_mcc - Tuesday, Oct 30, 2018 at 09:36

Tuesday, Oct 30, 2018 at 09:36
Get in touch with Memory-Map support via the USA website - they are still actively supporting the product. The issue seems to be their relationship with the AU/NZ distributor (who "owns" the Australian domain and who knows what else)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 894483

Sponsored Links