Give me your suggestions...

Submitted: Thursday, Nov 08, 2018 at 18:31
ThreadID: 137446 Views:3310 Replies:6 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I got an email yesterday from a person who said they had read everything about ExplorOz Traveller and watched all the videos but they felt it didn't answer 2 questions:
1. will the app automatically open at your current location and
2. will the app track your location on the map as you travel

Now, please forgive me if I'm being rude but these 2 features are implied as absolute minimum basic features of any GPS navigation and mapping system so I was quite taken aback at the level of understanding (or lack thereof). Especially as in the videos we talk about much more complex features.
So today I thought I'd sit down and consider what other "basic" and implied features I've missed mentioning.

I'd be very grateful if some of you could hit me up with your questions that should be covered in the FAQs. TIA.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: IvanTheTerrible - Thursday, Nov 08, 2018 at 18:50

Thursday, Nov 08, 2018 at 18:50
I personally haven't seen any videos and pretty much muddled my way through. Only issue I had was that offline maps wasn't set automatically after I downloaded them. Was halfway through a trip and had given up trying to use the app before I figured that out. :-)
AnswerID: 622023

Reply By: OBJ - Thursday, Nov 08, 2018 at 20:42

Thursday, Nov 08, 2018 at 20:42
I've had no dramas with mine. It works fine. People who are not at ease with working through some computer applications may find it more daunting.
Love it.
OBJ
AnswerID: 622030

Reply By: Member - nick b boab - Thursday, Nov 08, 2018 at 21:16

Thursday, Nov 08, 2018 at 21:16
My experience was a bit of the opposite in the hand of my wife , i thought she would give up & give it the flick in the 1st day but to my surprise it was her go to .
note > she had never used it b4 & was more of a paper map person / no PC wizz

my biggest complaint would have to be '' NOT enough people upload there experiences in comment etc and we found that often we would need to go to wiki camps to find out information about locations / camp / etc .
we really found the app very helpful ..... cheers

P.S ..I will take my hat off to Michelle who sent me an email after our trip to confirm information of a location that i had reviewed on the this site .
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 622031

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Nov 09, 2018 at 17:16

Friday, Nov 09, 2018 at 17:16
Ok thanks for your comments folks.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 622050

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Nov 09, 2018 at 17:36

Friday, Nov 09, 2018 at 17:36
Michelle,

I started a reply then didn't send it because I thought a zero return is not much use to you. But now I've reconsidered!!

I think you covered all the bases you could be reasonably expected to cover. I think your correspondent is a bit of a one-off, but I suppose in the interests of completeness for people such as him/her you could add the info to the FAQ or somewhere in the introductory text in Detailed Description of Features. It is hardly a necessity, though, IMO.

Don't sweat the small stuff!! LOL.

Cheers

Frank
FrankP

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 622051

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Nov 09, 2018 at 20:03

Friday, Nov 09, 2018 at 20:03
Thanks Frank, to be fair, I have noticed both from this customer and some others I speak with that terminology can be the cause of some confusion. I've just made some wording tweaks to the section titled "Detailed Description of Features" as you suggested, on the ExplorOz Traveller page to better address the terminology (I hope). In particular "tracking", which was his 2nd query and which is covered by normal GPS Lock mode but because we offer the Snail Trail, and Positions Manager to create User Treks, and also offer optional Track Logging (EOTrackMe) for Members, it possibly can be all a bit of a mind-field. But hey, can't say its not feature-rich I guess.

See what you think of my revision please.
Just so hard when we get comments are are too basic, and don't say enough, then others say we are too confusing by saying too much.
Trying my best to please everyone!
I'm off to start my weekend. Best to you too.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 894676

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Friday, Nov 09, 2018 at 23:38

Friday, Nov 09, 2018 at 23:38
Hi Michelle,

"You can please some of the people all of the time, you can please all of the people some of the time, but you can’t please all of the people all of the time" - A Lincoln.

Yes, I suppose tracks, treks and GPS tracking could get confusing for a newbie to the technology or the app.

I think the revision is fine.

Enjoy your weekend.

Cheers
Frank
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 894684

Reply By: TrevorDavid - Friday, Nov 09, 2018 at 18:54

Friday, Nov 09, 2018 at 18:54
Michelle

My thoughts are that you have it covered quite well.

The App is great & easy to use.

I guess people will pick things up at their own pace, depending on their knowledge / confidence with computers, apps etc.

Regards

TDB
dontyajustluvit

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 622053

Sponsored Links