New MundAl Trek added

Submitted: Wednesday, Dec 05, 2018 at 18:22
ThreadID: 137522 Views:5113 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Due to popular demand, we are pleased to confirm that have successfully added the new MundAl track as an ExplorOz Trek Note for your convenience. We are providing the full route from Mundaring to Albany as a series of mini-treks and as of today, we have published the first of these. MundAl - Mundaring to Dwellingup

There are a few things to note:

1. Anyone can view the Trek/s on our website free. This provides you with the trek as an overlay shown on our EOTopo maps. You can zoom the map, enlarge, switch to streets views, satellite views, or use the default EOTopo view. When viewing the map of any of our treks including MundAl, you can view the data at a scale of 1:18K and see other features and Places along the track. If you open the "Directions" section you can view (and print) the turn-by-turn directions. We have analysed the route and provided ExplorOz Places instead of the number waypoint list so you will have the proper name and any other information (photos, contact details, reviews) for the waypoints along the route.

2. Users of our app ExplorOz Traveller will need to go to the Data Manager and press update to get the latest version of the Treks & Places database to get this Trek downloaded to your device. App users get free updates to all Places & Treks data anytime they wish to sync to the server. The Trek can be used for navigating when offline and provides the route line along the path of the route along with driving directions (either text or voice guidance). If using offline, you should ensure you have the Premium offline map pack and installed the West 144K map pack to view the offline map at a scale of 144K. If you have mobile service along the route you can switch the map overlay to EOTopo online or Streets & Paths to use the 18K mapping.

3. For people not using our app ExplorOz Traveller, you can download the route files to put into OziExplorer, a Hema Navigator, or Memory Map by purchasing the EOTrek Notes Route file download product from our shop. We have updated the EOTrek Notes Route file download product to contain this trek (plus all the updates since the last version).

EOTreks Routes Files for OziExplorer/GPX

*******PLEASE NOTE this download only has the first part of the MundAl to Dwellingup not the full trek to Albany. Unlike Treks for ExplorOz Traveller, you cannot obtain a free update of your EOTreks Route download if we add or change trek data after your purchased date. This means you should not rush to buy yet if you want the full Mundaring to Albany route. See - EOTreks Route download This download contains all 182 ExplorOz Trek notes and for Members is only $10. If you are not a Member (or not logged in with your account) and attempt to buy the product our system will add a Member subscription to your cart and your price will be $10 plus $49.95 Membership = $59.95.

4. We will be working as fast as possible to complete the series of mini-treks to enable you to have the full Mundaring to Albany route over the next few days.
Any questions, please ask.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Wednesday, Dec 05, 2018 at 19:11

Wednesday, Dec 05, 2018 at 19:11
Slight display bug of data in the traveller app - we were trying to avoid a full version update so please be patient app users, we have a few more loose ends to tie up before its perfect for you. But good news is I've already created the next section of track as a Trek Note (not visible yet).
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 622461

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Thursday, Dec 06, 2018 at 11:26

Thursday, Dec 06, 2018 at 11:26
Folks,

The issue with the new trek in the Traveller App has been resolved for the moment and the trek can be conducted in both directions and displays correctly. So if you updated Places & Treks last night please download/update it again this morning and this new trek will be fine. We also expect to release some more sections today/tomorrow.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 622473

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Thursday, Dec 06, 2018 at 14:23

Thursday, Dec 06, 2018 at 14:23
We have just added the next section of this trek series: see MundAl - Dwellingup to Collie.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 622474

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Thursday, Dec 06, 2018 at 17:34

Thursday, Dec 06, 2018 at 17:34
We are on a roll - here is the third one - MundAl - Collie to Boyup Brook