Jeep Cherokee 4.0 Petrol 95 Limited

Submitted: Monday, Jun 14, 2004 at 19:15
ThreadID: 13755 Views:1613 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Mate next door just got one. Done 150k Leather everywhere, Electronic everything(even seats). Anyone know what spare parts prices are like? is this a capable off road vehicle? Are they a thirsty engine? He bought it spur of the moment and doesn't know what he has got himself into. Also i would hate to do a trip with him in the GQ, if it meant towing him home :).

The Brewman
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: tdcockers - Monday, Jun 14, 2004 at 20:12

Monday, Jun 14, 2004 at 20:12
cant speak for most of it, but a mate has one (who also bought on impulse), and i had a brief drive on fraser island in january

thirsty as buggery, if it is an auto, you cant force it into first gear, which is a pain in the butt as you can appreciate, it also tends to shift up early. Has almost no ability to idle, but a helluva lotta pickup as soon as you hit the throttle, leaves you spinning or moving to fast in a lot of situations

dont expect it to go all the places the gq can, i cant say it wont go well, but from my 20mins on fraser, i wouldnt try anything more than sand....

yet another disclaimer, so i dont start arguements: i am willing to be corrected on this, as i have no real time behind the wheel, and am just trying to imagine what it would feel like elsewhere
AnswerID: 63128

Reply By: ianmc - Monday, Jun 14, 2004 at 22:05

Monday, Jun 14, 2004 at 22:05
Said to be murder on parts prices, (like Toyota) & fewer aftermarket bits.
Try outerlimits4X4 forum & scroll down to Jeep for info. as for all other makes too!
AnswerID: 63158

Reply By: Member - gimme (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 01:46

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 01:46
my girfriend inherited one, we have had our hands in our pockets ever since, we are on first name basis with the racq man who comes to tow it away once a month to the chrysler dealer. I think maybe the deceased lady is laughing her head off somewhere.
AnswerID: 63181

Reply By: Member - Jeff M (WA) - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 12:51

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 12:51
I've heard the stories about reliability and parts costs, however as to their 4wd ability I've seen stock Jeeps do some pretty awsome stuff... I mean they do have front and rear live axles and heaps of power under the hood so I can't see any reason why they wouldn't eat up most challanges put to them, however I spose it's still not going to help much if it stops 6 hours from home with no hope of starting it without a diagnostic computer, however more and more of us are facing this worry as the "good ol'" motors are becoming fewer and fewer.
AnswerID: 63224

Sponsored Links