Terracan Trip

Submitted: Monday, Jun 14, 2004 at 20:09
ThreadID: 13761 Views:1417 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Left Bathurst Saturday and went to Tuross Heads for 2 nights via Oberon, Goulburn, Braidwood and Batemans Bay. Back today via Nowra, Kangaroo Valley, Picton, Penrith and back to Bathurst. No "Off Road" stuff, just did the touristy things.
My wife called it a "C" weekend - "Crafts & Cheeses".
We usually like a "B" weekend - "Bakeries & Breweries".
Anyway had the Terracan serviced last week (15,000kms) and it went like a dream for the whole trip. It is actually feeling to loosen up now with a few Kms on it. The thing that disappointed on the whole trip was that I only saw ONE other Terracan on the road. Still very happy with it and am off to the Menindee Lakes in September with the Camper Trailer so will give it a bit of a work out while I am out there.
I know "Boring" but still a happy owner.
I know Melissa wished me well with it and so far so good. Hope I am still saying this at 150,000Kms.
Hope you all had a great loooooooong weekend.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: terracan tim - Monday, Jun 14, 2004 at 23:28

Monday, Jun 14, 2004 at 23:28
Tim here had Jimbo come down with his jerry can to Sale in Vic this weekend to test out how well they go 4 wheel driving. We met at maffra with my brotherinlaw who has a GU Patrol and mine terracan we spent the whole day in the hills around Biosdale. Most of the tracks we explore were ruff fire trail type with some very challanging hills had to use low range to crawl up and down these hills. All 3 vehicles preformed beyond belief in both dry and wet conditions we forded several creeks with out any problem as well. It was interesting to compare the manual terracan of mine to jimbo's auto we found at the end of the day there was not much difference more up to what each person preferers. We plan to go to gembrook area sometime in Jul so if ther is anyone else that would like to come e-mail me at tjdonogh@internode.on.net Its allways great to meet new people specially after talking to them in the forums and then putting a face to the name

Thanks for a great day Jimbo hope to do it again soon

Tim
PS didnt get a single scratch on it either
AnswerID: 63175

Sponsored Links