Corowa Park Recommendations

Submitted: Friday, Dec 28, 2018 at 12:50
ThreadID: 137610 Views:2663 Replies:2 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
We are travelling to Corowa in early January and l notice there are quite a few caravan parks in the area.

We are recently retired [to give an idea of age] and would be interested in anyone who has a favourite park there.

Thank you.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Kazza055 - Friday, Dec 28, 2018 at 14:44

Friday, Dec 28, 2018 at 14:44
Gary, can I suggest you get a copy of wikicamps as this will list all the spots in the area you are looking to visit.

You can read reviews, get pricing and also view any photos posted by other users.
AnswerID: 622859

Follow Up By: GaryT53 - Friday, Dec 28, 2018 at 14:50

Friday, Dec 28, 2018 at 14:50
Hi Kazza,

I do have Wikicamps but l find the reviews very conflicting - 'the best park ... the worst park'. I will check it out though.

Thank you.

Gary
FollowupID: 895879

Follow Up By: Nomadic Navara - Friday, Dec 28, 2018 at 19:56

Friday, Dec 28, 2018 at 19:56
Gary, it's the same type of people here as the ones that contribute to WikiCamps. The views here will be no more reliable.

I had a quick look at the 4 listed and I think there are more positives than negatives on each of them. Most of the negatives are about dogs or the usual ones you get when the parks are crowded at holiday times.

We stoped at Ball Park some years ago in a group. found it was OK. It is just a quick walk into town if that turns you on.
PeterD
Retired radio and electronics technician

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 895892

Follow Up By: Kazza055 - Saturday, Dec 29, 2018 at 08:23

Saturday, Dec 29, 2018 at 08:23
I tend to agree with PeterD's comments, I usually skim over the review and then go through the photos that are posted as this will give a visual of parts of the park.

For example you can usually tell how much room is allocated, if there are trees for shade and whether there is grass, concrete or just sand.

Comments need to be taken with a grain of salt.
FollowupID: 895897

Reply By: Ron A - Friday, Dec 28, 2018 at 15:13

Friday, Dec 28, 2018 at 15:13
I have never stayed in any of the Parks, Gary but being a local they all appear to be of a reasonable standard. Would be a matter of checking the location on a map in comparison to the location of the things you want to do. Keep in mind in January you will have plenty of Ski Boats around the parks. There is also some good free camping locations along the Murray and Ovens River. Had a drive around them today and they all seem fairly quiet.
AnswerID: 622860

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Friday, Dec 28, 2018 at 16:29

Friday, Dec 28, 2018 at 16:29
Hi Ron thanks for your reply on this subject. Since you say you are a local, could I please ask you to review this page ExplorOz Place Listing - Corowa and click through the Nearby Places list to see if there is any additional info you might have to share, photos, or comments to add. This is a public sharing facility and having local input would be wonderfully appreciated :) Do we have all the current caravan parks listed? I see a couple there.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 895880

Sponsored Links