Weekend Trip

Submitted: Monday, Jun 14, 2004 at 21:42
ThreadID: 13763 Views:1585 Replies:6 FollowUps:8
This Thread has been Archived
A great rip this weekend ( wife dosnt think so lol ) .

Met up with Toonie on the the weekend and Member Nick and another 5 cars for some fun up at Jamerson , Great trip lots of rain , was glad to have Toonie and Jim around , didnt have to look at a map once with there experience in the area .
Was a lot off fun watching the look on the faces of a few neibies to 4wdriving lol . It was a day of slip and slide but great fun . Only problem we had was the complaints from everyone that thr river crossing cleaned there cars lol .
It got pretty misreble out there around lunch time , so desided to head to a local pub for a nice hot meal . Well who do we bump into , Mr Glenn , with his nice glass of ale and a bowle of chips and gravi hehehe. After a chat and a nice feed we hit it again. This time it got worse and worse , Greg and Con take off up a hill we think should be attempted in these coinditions and the rest of us , sat down and waited for the call. Not 5 min later that dreded call. UUMMM guys I think we need help . OK whos stiuck ? ummm both of us. Laughter erupts for around 3 min . A quick recovery and away we went . Had to travel in the dark up some greasy tracks , but made it back safely .

Next day , Craigs hut , all I have to say is . 100 k winds , blizards , rain, hail , snow , BLOODY COLD lol

Questions we need answered

Did Tooniebleephimself ?

Did Nick DUMP his car and run away ?

Did Toonie had to recover the car with Eric , whilst Nick was in hidding ?

Did Nick scream out on the radio ... JUST GET ME OUT OF HERE .........

All in all guys a great weekend , lots of laughs .. Thanks again to all of you
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 07:42

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 07:42
Wow that sounds like a fun weekend. Hope Mr Glenn doesn't expect snow when he turns up here in a few weeks (like 2 I think). I just love Craig's Hut but usually only see it in summer - luck you could stand there and not get blown off. How is that Toonie ( I think he's got a new name). Wish I'd been camping with you lot - I only had Lone Wolf for company and he nearly drove us all mad, thank goodness you all made it home.
AnswerID: 63189

Follow Up By: Member Eric - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 18:19

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 18:19
I have seen the new member Lone wolf in action in the forum , at first i thought he was a bit of a nutter , but the more i read , I realise that his a fun bloke . Good to see someone with a sence of hummor .

i can see what you are saying though Ruth , I read the posts that went on during the weekend lol . Next long weekend I promise to take him with us to give you a breather lol
FollowupID: 324546

Follow Up By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 19:16

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 19:16
I even offered the Lone Wolf stickers (have two different ones here) but he wouldn't be in it, just wanted one from David. Well, see if I care.
FollowupID: 324558

Reply By: Member - Nick K (VIC) - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 12:41

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 12:41
Firstly I must thank Toonie and Eric from getting me out of a very sticky situation. Toonie was ever helpful. Eric also went above and beyond and when you are in a sticky situation he is your man and he will keep reminding you of this. Most importantly thank god it was dark and he had no camera. On a serious note thanks to both guys for all there help.

To answer Eric’s questions, I left the car to kids the kids out of the way but being dark it was hard to leave them at the top of the hill and out of harms way. Both kids screaming and crying anyway with Eric there, does he really need anyone else? According to him he is the man and no one else is required. So I thought I would leave him to do his thing and not get in his way.

With regards to Just get me out of here, I must admit that after feeling your car sliding sideways down a hill and just having changed underwear I needed to get out of there. So yes Eric is correct and the fact that I had used the last pair of jocks I needed to get out.

On a more serious note the weekend was great and we had a ball. Thanks to Eric for organising it. Also a thank you goes out to Glen. Until I saw he chips and gravy I had no idea what to eat.

Thanks for the help and never letting me forget about it.

Regards

Nick
AnswerID: 63223

Follow Up By: Member Eric - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 16:43

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 16:43
says who? that i had no camera. Why do you think it took so long to get out of the car ? or did you think that flash from the car was me lighting up a ciggi ?
FollowupID: 324532

Follow Up By: Member - Nick K (VIC) - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 17:15

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 17:15
Stupid me. How could I forget that you are quicker with the camera then any other person I know.
FollowupID: 324535

Reply By: Member - Glenn(VIC) - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 17:35

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 17:35
Glad you had a good weekend guys good to see you all again. Janette certainly runs a good show at the Jamieson Brewery, that is why we go and stay there every QB weekend. Unfortunately I had to return to the cards table, and I neglected to say goodbye, but I am glad you all had a ball.

Cheers
AnswerID: 63271

Reply By: Member - Bernie. (Vic) - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 17:38

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 17:38
Hi Eric good to hear you had a fun w/e, it's easy to laugh when it's not you in the poo!!!. Toonie must be still battling a head wind & not home to put in a report yet.
I think the wind we got in Melb & you got at Craigs Hut started in Berrie LOL
Was cold as in Melb also.
Is Nick still running the Grand slicks ?

Cheers
AnswerID: 63273

Follow Up By: Member - Nick K (VIC) - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 10:01

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 10:01
To answer your question Bernie. Yes I am still running Grand Slicks and they are getting slicker. They will be going sooner then later.
FollowupID: 324781

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 18:08

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 18:08
Remind me to re-read this post before I go away with you lot! Glad to hear a great time was had, its inevitable when a mob of we lots go away.

All the best
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 63285

Follow Up By: Member Eric - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 18:20

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 18:20
mate we wont hold our breath lol , Get withit mate and come away with us
FollowupID: 324547

Follow Up By: Bonz (Vic) - Wednesday, Jun 16, 2004 at 19:47

Wednesday, Jun 16, 2004 at 19:47
Well seeing as its the "other" side of Melbourne its a stretch but one weekend you never know!!
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 324721

Reply By: Member - Toonfish - Wednesday, Jun 16, 2004 at 21:16

Wednesday, Jun 16, 2004 at 21:16
Yes it was certainly a great weekend guys
thanks again to the team
well maybe a little bleeping went on in the nissan .

Remeber Eric what happens in the bush stays in the bush?????

So Glenn did you win many hands for the weekend at cards?

Ruthie i am still here just not as much as b4 due to new schedule and job

was interesting to see a x-trail at craigs hut in sloshy conditions in the car park but the track had been recently graded to ease entry i guess for winter.

will be posting what little pics i took on the 4wd links page soon changing some old ones while im there.

We stayed at the new Mansfield Holiday park with good reports all round to them.

Gotta go away with more Nissan as Toyotas only fuel my wife's fiery passion for them.

My god i couldnt believe the campers at sheepyard Flat (more like a commune then a campsite.

met some guys from a fellow forum as well while in the area.

BRING ON THE SNOW!!!!!!!!!

MT SKENE DATES ??????
poss overnight at hut?

cheers
AnswerID: 63505

Follow Up By: Member - Nick K (VIC) - Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 10:06

Thursday, Jun 17, 2004 at 10:06
Toonie,

You are correct when you say that what happens in the bush stays in the bush. But let my brother in-law have his fun. I truely don't mind. One thing I will say though is the day he gets into trouble there will be standing room and the camera flashes will be bilding.
FollowupID: 324783

Sponsored Links