Inawise tyre pressure monitor

Submitted: Friday, Jan 11, 2019 at 07:56
ThreadID: 137665 Views:4978 Replies:7 FollowUps:6
This Thread has been Archived
Anyone wanting replacement sensors or the entire unit for Inawise TPMS.

The Chinese manufacturers will not answer emails but the Sth African distributors ,Tyreco, will sell you whatever you need. Branded as Valor.

This response from Tyreco:
Would you post a Valor TMPS 201D system to Australia?

There used to be a distributor here (Inawise) but they seem to have ceased trading. As such, there is a ton of these units over here that owners can't get parts for any more.
I need a bunch of replacement sensors (6) but its seems a better idea to buy a new system with the 4 sensors and add two more sensors to the order.

If you will post to Australia:
1/ Can we buy these without SA tax? Yes
2/ What would the tax free cost of a sensor be?
About ZAR690 ~ AU$68
3/ What would the tax free price of the complete 4 sensor kit be?
ZAR 3490 ~ AU$348
4/ What would postage to Ermington, NSW 2115, Australia be?
Normal post AU$48 (3-4 months shipping)
Courier postage AU$89 (2 weeks)

TyreCo Sth Africa
Philip De Weerdt
Tel +27 11 463 7783
Email sales@tyreco.co.za

Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: catmandoo - Friday, Jan 11, 2019 at 10:25

Friday, Jan 11, 2019 at 10:25
Thanks for the post Malcom M.

I was beginning to give up all hope of replacing a faulty sensor I have in my system. the Inawise system is great, and I hope to maintain it for as long as I can.

AnswerID: 623125

Follow Up By: Malcom M - Friday, Jan 11, 2019 at 11:07

Friday, Jan 11, 2019 at 11:07
Yeah, nothing else can give you that instant baseline reset for all wheels after altering the pressure.
Simply gold that feature.
FollowupID: 896253

Reply By: Les - PK Ranger - Friday, Jan 11, 2019 at 14:15

Friday, Jan 11, 2019 at 14:15
I don’t have this brand tpms, but looking at shipping cost, a group buy would be most sensible.
AnswerID: 623135

Reply By: Member - J&A&KK - Friday, Jan 11, 2019 at 20:12

Friday, Jan 11, 2019 at 20:12
Hi Malcolm

Many thanks for sharing this information. It is very valuable to me. I have one dead sensor, which is now on the spare for the Prado. However I rotate my tyres every 10k so it won’t be long before it comes back into play. I was considering taking the sensor from the caravan spare and putting it in the car. All solved now as a result of your investigative powers.

I am sure that there will be many people most appreciative of this info. The SA agents should now be on a good thing for Australian sales. Maybe some enterprising Australian retailer can do a deal with the SA guys.

All the best. John
AnswerID: 623144

Reply By: ian - Saturday, Jan 12, 2019 at 23:11

Saturday, Jan 12, 2019 at 23:11
What ever you do, don't use the post from South Africa.
Private courier only!
in
AnswerID: 623163

Reply By: Baz - The Landy - Sunday, Jan 13, 2019 at 11:09

Sunday, Jan 13, 2019 at 11:09
Hi Malcolm

Whilst your post is about Inawise, you might like to take a look at the Doran 360, especially if you are considering buying a complete new Inawise system.

Whilst not cheap, the Doran 360 is a very reliable unit, with a responsive and reliable Australian Distributor.

I have used the Doran 360 for over 5 years and only had to replace two sensors recently due to battery exhaustion. Place an order today and it is in the overnight express post same day.

You can read some more of my experience with the Doran 360 in a blog I wrote.

Doran 360 blog...

I must say I would not want to rely on a product coming from South Africa when I need it yesterday, especially if there are local alternatives.

What is the reason Inawise does not have an Australian Agent...?

Cheers, Baz - The Landy
AnswerID: 623172

Follow Up By: Allan B (Sunshine Coast) - Sunday, Jan 13, 2019 at 17:13

Sunday, Jan 13, 2019 at 17:13
Hi Baz,

I have internal Inawise and did have phone contact with the Australian distributor even after they ceased business but did not discover the reason for closure. They were the importers of that particular TPMS and the "Inawise" name was theirs.
They are manufactured by Shanghai Baolong Automotive Corporation (Chery TPMS) but you need to buy wholesale, probably in significant quantities.

The Inawise has served well by twice informing me of an air loss, but one day I will need to replace it. I prefer internal sensors with temperature monitoring and easy changing of the baseline with 'air-down' but have yet to identify an acceptable replacement. I'm hoping that someone will pick up the distribution of the Inawise-type system.

Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 896311

Follow Up By: HKB Electronics - Monday, Jan 14, 2019 at 10:51

Monday, Jan 14, 2019 at 10:51
They stopped selling the units because the Chinese manufacturer would not sell them to them in the quantities they wanted to order.

I thought this odd as I have seen the unit available in New Zealand from memory and thought that if they could source it then you would think an Australian company could too. I then tried to obtain the minimum order quantities from the Chinese manufacturer but they will not reply to emails regarding sales to Australia.

Seems there just not interested, again strange as the only other place I have seen the unit advertised is the SA seller.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 896328

Follow Up By: Baz - The Landy - Monday, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:06

Monday, Jan 14, 2019 at 11:06
Thanks HKB, odd given the apparent level of interest in Australia...

Cheers, Baz - The Landy
FollowupID: 896330

Follow Up By: Ron N - Saturday, Feb 02, 2019 at 19:14

Saturday, Feb 02, 2019 at 19:14
Guys, the Chinese TPMS problems are simply related to the following factors;

1. The TPMS system is the worlds third-largest vehicle security system, behind ABS and SRS.

2. The latest figures I have seen for TPMS worldwide production was 28 million units produced in 2012. Since that time, the market for them has exploded.

3. They have been a "premium" item since their introduction, because they are fitted to the luxury vehicles either as standard or as an option.
Read "Premium" market, and you read "high profit level" market.

4. The market for TPMS has exploded since 2012 because many countries have now deemed them mandatory fit, via legislation, due to tightening safety requirements.
S. Korea was first off the starting blocks, requiring TPMS to be fitted to all vehicles under 3.5T GVW, from 2013.
China, numerous European countries, and the U.S. are following the trend with legislation passed, or being drawn up.

5. The global leaders in TPMS design and production are Schrader and Continental in that order. However, there are no less than 200 companies in China producing TPMS's.

6. Shanghai Baolong Automotive Corporation embarked on its first TPMS design in 2002 and produced their 1st generation TPMS in 2006.
They are now on about their 5th generation design - and they're listed as a designated TPMS supplier to Shanghai GM.

As you can see by the above, if you're a piddly Aussie distributor, looking to buy maybe 1000 TPMS sets at a time to meet the tiny Australian consumer demand, you're not going to even get the courtesy of a reply, because they're probably selling 1000 TPMS sets an hour, just to premium vehicle manufacturers - let alone aftermarket sales.

Such are the problems of Australia being an irrelevant tiny market in the overall global marketplace.

Cheers, Ron.
FollowupID: 896822

Reply By: jeinam - Sunday, Mar 03, 2019 at 21:37

Sunday, Mar 03, 2019 at 21:37
How did you go Malcolm? I need to order some too.
AnswerID: 624169

Follow Up By: Malcom M - Monday, Mar 04, 2019 at 06:20

Monday, Mar 04, 2019 at 06:20
Haven't got around to it yet. My cash is going into mechanical rebuilds and new engine chip at present.
FollowupID: 897585

Reply By: jeinam - Tuesday, Mar 05, 2019 at 13:38

Tuesday, Mar 05, 2019 at 13:38
Hope it goes well for you. I’ll see if I can get a hold of some and let you know
AnswerID: 624221

Sponsored Links