Use of ExplorOz Traveller with in-dash navigation system

Submitted: Monday, Jan 14, 2019 at 15:12
ThreadID: 137677 Views:2312 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone installed the ExplorOz Traveller app and maps on their in-dash navigator, such as the DigOptions or Polaris MAXX?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Jan 14, 2019 at 18:27

Monday, Jan 14, 2019 at 18:27
I've been looking at the Polaris MAXX since you rang me the other day and the only comment I have is that it is not unique - there are many other brands available (and cheaper) with the same features, including double din and reversing camera, bluetooth etc. If you prefer the brand, then go for it.

You simply install our app via the Playstore (whilst on Wifi) and use same as on any other Android tablet. If you wanted to use any of the app's online features, you would be able to hotspot your phone. (eg. faster, clearer and more detailed maps when in service, updating your Treks & Places content, using the driving directions calculator to build routes with turnbyturn, and syncing to your ExplorOz account).

I've spoken to many people using other brands of indash units with Android operating system but not sure I know first hand of anyone with Polaris sorry. Hopefully someone might comment?
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 623219

Follow Up By: Mountain Lyon - Monday, Jan 14, 2019 at 20:56

Monday, Jan 14, 2019 at 20:56
Thanks Michelle for your help. I have installed the ExplorOz app and the databases. It looks great while having a try!
I have had a look at the DigOptions, but only offers a stand double din size, but it is cheaper. I you have the names of a couple, I would love to check them out as well.

Kind regards,
FollowupID: 896362

Reply By: Mick O - Friday, Jan 18, 2019 at 09:29

Friday, Jan 18, 2019 at 09:29
I've had the Digoptions DD unit in the Tuck Truck for just on 12 months and am very happy with it. It handled 4 harsh months on expeditions last year without missing a beat.

I am running the IGO turn by turn as well as OziExplorer for android both of which work well on the unit. I prefer to run my Nav program on a separate Android tablet as it can be swapped between vehicles or fitted to the quad or taken on hikes etc to provide continuity of tracks etc. I just had a look at the MAXX on the web and assume that the screen is integrated into the single Din unit permanently (no option for it to operate as a standalone tablet outside the vehicle?)

I have not used EO Traveller to date but assume it would work just as well on the Digoptions android system. There is a 4G connectivity option available for the Digoptions units I believe removing the need to hotspot your phone.

I can comment on the quality of the Digoptions DD unit - It's a good, robust system with plenty of add on options (engine management/tyre monitoring/4G/Digital TV etc)

Cheers

Mick
''We knew from the experience of well-known travelers that the
trip would doubtless be attended with much hardship.''
Richard Maurice - 1903

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 623270

Reply By: Mountain Lyon - Wednesday, Jan 23, 2019 at 23:10

Wednesday, Jan 23, 2019 at 23:10
Thanks for your reply Mike. I spoke with both the Polaris and Digoptions people before I received your reply.
I chose the Polaris as my auto electrician has one installed. I am getting it installed next Tuesday.
After I use it a bit I will post the results.
AnswerID: 623363

Sponsored Links