Heron air conditioner caravan

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 30, 2019 at 13:05
ThreadID: 137735 Views:6034 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys
I have air command heron 3.0 in my coromal van exell 452

and the front panel ,is broken and I need to remove the 3 control knobs ,
I cant seem to budge any of them ,
I cant see any curclips or screws holding the knobs to the little shafts .
I am a little bit afraid of using brut force to remove the knobs as it may damage
the knobs of the unit ,has anybody run across this , and how do I go about removing them ,thanks chris

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: bobsabobsa - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2019 at 13:44

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2019 at 13:44
They are hard I used a flat blade screwdriver that I bent to slide under to the centre as much as possible ,
the control box hangs off the back of the front panel to remove it, you need to peel the stickers off to find the screws , The box weights too much for the 4 screws that hold the front on and they crack and breakaway on rough roads ,I filled the back around the screws with plastic bond to give it more support .
hope this helps
I got my new front from Air Command on Port Road , Albert Park, SA
ph 08 83458444
I do believe that Dometic have brought them out so what name they are under I dont know

cheers bob
AnswerID: 623525

Reply By: Ron N - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2019 at 13:55

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2019 at 13:55
Chris, if you have looked carefully and can't see any screws, then the knobs will almost certainly be a tight push fit.

They can be quite tight to remove, but the best technique is to utilise a small "crowfoot" pry bar, to generate force directly outwards from behind the knobs.

You could also call your local Dometic service agent, and see if you can get any assistance with knob removal information, from their repair dept.

The Dometic site shows only an operating manual for the Heron 2.2 - which does not offer any disassembly advice, only installation advice.
It appears the Heron 3 is now obsolete and has been replaced by the 3Q which utilises touch pressure controls.

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 623526

Follow Up By: chris a - Wednesday, Jan 30, 2019 at 14:44

Wednesday, Jan 30, 2019 at 14:44
Thanks guys I was a bit scared of damaging the control systems in the box
FollowupID: 896744

Sponsored Links