New Version ExplorOz Traveller App - V3.6.0 coming soon

Submitted: Thursday, Jan 31, 2019 at 16:19
ThreadID: 137747 Views:3025 Replies:1 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just a heads up that we are very close to rolling out a new update to our app ExplorOz Traveller. This will be released any day soon. The reason for this update was to introduce some new features that were suggested by current app users. So thank you to those that send through feedback and suggestions. We think you'll like these new features. We have also made lots and lots and lots of small tweaks that took a lot of time, but are so subliminal to you as an app user it is hardly worth mentioning but we know that constantly improving performance is important to you, so that's why we do these updates.

You can see the list of new features and updates by reading the Version & Update History section of the ExplorOz Traveller info page on our website (click the link highlighted). I have yet to upload the new/revised User Manual in pdf form but the in-app Help Manual has been updated to include the new features and settings so look out for these.

We are in the final testing and documentation stages now and once we send the new version to the stores it will be available. So check you have select Auto Update in your store preferences for this app if you've already got it. Otherwise, think about now as the ideal time to get the app to plan/navigate your 2019 trip.

The update will be announced in our next newsletter which we'll send as soon as the app is ready for distribution (probably early next week).
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 5 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Rod N (QLD) - Saturday, Feb 02, 2019 at 14:21

Saturday, Feb 02, 2019 at 14:21
Good to hear Michelle. Will this include updated maps? I have some suggested map amendments I must send to you.
AnswerID: 623599

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Feb 04, 2019 at 13:33

Monday, Feb 04, 2019 at 13:33
The maps used in the app are the ExplorOz Traveller Premium Offline Maps product, which is sold separately to EOTopo (the raw raster map files). Both products are built from the same master dataset but built slightly different, with the app version customised for the app environment. Both these versions are built at the same time however - so no update yet sorry Ron!

Note - The base map data is identical whether you use the app version or raster map version, however in the app version the Places POI icons, and the Trek lines are not featured on the base map like they are in the raster product. Instead, app users have access to install/update this data directly from the master source which is being updated all the time (that's the in-app Data Manger). App users can then use the map layer tools to control these as map overlay elements.

In contrast, the raster map file owners will see rasterised icons on the map for the Places and Trek lines as they were at the time the map data was constructed (Dec 2017). The update of the map set at that level takes months so we only ever plan to do it every 1 or 2 years or as needed.

The app version of the maps will be updated in the same product release of the raster map set version and we have not yet released an EOTopo update. In that release we will be updating the roads layers (road lines, road name labels, road styling) as well as the many other topo data layers. However, we do intend to release a full EOTopo update in 2019.

However - in this app release V3.6.0 we are doing something very exciting with the map output - we are providing access to Level 16 zoom (although only an overzoom of the Level 13 data which is still 144K and as its raster it will get more blurry if you overzoom) but its there if you need it anyway.

We are also making some significant changes to the map screen, overlay tools, navigation tools, etc which are big improvements to how you work with the map data.

Ron, as always if you have some amendments please contact me via email and provide screen shots of the area and specific explanations of what changes are required.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 896868

Sponsored Links