Access to Lobbs Hole and Ravine NSW

Submitted: Monday, Feb 04, 2019 at 12:00
ThreadID: 137765 Views:3747 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Was down at Ravine yesterday and thought it wise to give the latest update on access.

From the Snowy Mountains Highway south to Lobbs Hole and Ravine the road is open and clear. Investigative works on the proposed Snowy 2.0 project are underway so there are signs that the road may be closed in the near future.

Road users are asked to call periodically on UHF20 to alert workers of your presence.

Should the works go ahead this road will be closed during construction but according to Snowy Hydro, the plan is to reopen the valley for camping.

The road in from the Cabramurra end is also open and clear but indications are that it may be closed too.

Info here
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Charlie - Monday, Feb 04, 2019 at 17:11

Monday, Feb 04, 2019 at 17:11
Thanks for the update, I was planning to visit at Easter. I've read that there will be no access once they start for eighteen months to three years which is not real good. I hope at the end there be a bridge at the river, it's a crossing the avoid when the river is high.
AnswerID: 623630

Reply By: duck - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2019 at 08:44

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2019 at 08:44
I was down there just after the new year & also the year before i will have to change my next years plans, I normally drop the Mrs off for her snowy horse ride & I go & camp & fish for a few days there, normally its pretty quite unlike most places that time of year, I Hope they don't put a bridge in or make it a 2wd road its easy now just a bit longer & steep for some. If its easier there will be a lot more people down there then
I would hate to see it like Geehi or Tom Groggin campgrounds in summer they are Packed
AnswerID: 623633

Follow Up By: Charlie - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2019 at 15:48

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2019 at 15:48
Snowy 2.0

There will be a road, I guess it depend on how well its maintained afterwoods. I have mixed feeling about a bridge myself, the better camping is to the north of the river whist lake access is to the south, a bridge would certainly make winter trips more attractive but yeah it seems more likely to become more popular either way.
FollowupID: 896885

Reply By: Michael H9 - Tuesday, Feb 05, 2019 at 21:39

Tuesday, Feb 05, 2019 at 21:39
I was there Australia Day talked with the workers and with a ranger at Khancoban. My info is closure pretty soon for 5-7 years possibly permanent. A shame, a really nice spot.
AnswerID: 623645

Sponsored Links