Article Comment: ExplorOz Traveller

V3.6.0 is now available in both the Playstore (for Android) and the App Store (for iPad & iPhone) - Windows may take a few more days yet. In this version, we have made LOTS of updates, but importantly we have added NEW FEATURES. These are:-
* Private Place Groups
* Visual Prompts onscreen pop up for turn by turn (optional in settings)
* Additional zoom levels to offline map (now to Level 16 - but displays same data as in Level 13 - 144K, just enlarged via magnification)
* Zoom number shown in between +/- icons on map screen - also highlighted in red if showing an overzooom level
* Trek Directions screen now shows Turn by Turn driving notes
* Added ability to Edit & Delete Places directly from the pop-ups on map
* New map opacity slider tool available in nav mode in Nav Control Panel to provide better contrast between map background details and highlighted route
* Track Up mode - new option in Settings to re-position current position away off centre - select "Centre Offset" from Settings for current position to appear lower than centre
* Fully revised/updated Help Manual - both onboard in app and as pdf online from ExplorOz Traveller article page - see FAQ section.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Jim S1 - Wednesday, Feb 06, 2019 at 21:28

Wednesday, Feb 06, 2019 at 21:28
Downloaded today from App Store with no hassles. Haven't tried any of the new features yet, but all looks good.

Cheers
Jim
"Sometimes I sits and thinks, and sometimes I just sits." A fisherman.

"No road is long with good company." Traditional

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 623686

Reply By: Member - McLaren3030 - Friday, Feb 08, 2019 at 20:26

Friday, Feb 08, 2019 at 20:26
Upgraded yesterday, thanks Michelle

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 623723

Reply By: oneofthedamons - Monday, Feb 11, 2019 at 00:44

Monday, Feb 11, 2019 at 00:44
Where is the most appropriate place to make suggestions for future updates?

Thanks in advance,
Damon
AnswerID: 623747

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:36

Monday, Feb 11, 2019 at 11:36
Damo please use email or the feedback form. Go to Contact Us from site menu for links.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 897015

Follow Up By: oneofthedamons - Tuesday, Feb 12, 2019 at 15:34

Tuesday, Feb 12, 2019 at 15:34
Thanks, Michelle — have done so.
FollowupID: 897077

Reply By: Member BarryG - Tuesday, Mar 05, 2019 at 13:56

Tuesday, Mar 05, 2019 at 13:56
Michelle,
Traveller V3.6.0 is supposed to have "Added ability to Edit & Delete Places directly from the pop-ups on map", but I can't see this.
My environment is iPad Mini 4, current IOS, current Traveller, all updates applied,
WiFi, using EOTopo offline.
If I click on a place icon on the map screen, I get a small popuop showing two options - Show and Go to. If I click Show, I get the full detail of the place but no option to edit or delete.
What am I missing?
Also, if I update place from the normal website, how long is it before that update is included in the downloads for Traveller?
Regards
Barry
AnswerID: 624222

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Mar 05, 2019 at 14:06

Tuesday, Mar 05, 2019 at 14:06
HI Barry, Place Edit & Delete is only available for Private Places that you have made yourself. Once a Place is stored in the Public database you will no longer have access to edit/delete it - changes need to be actioned by a site administrator - you can flag any place to the administrators by opening the place on the website (the master public source) and clicking the button "Alert Admin".

The added ability to Edit & Delete Places directly from the pop-ups on the map in V3.6.0 was because previously you could only do it once you'd actually opened the whole Place page, so this saves a step and makes it much easier/quicker.
To answer your second question, if you update a place on the website, then that is live in the database so if you want to see that change in the the app then you need to update your Places database by going to the Data Manager in your app and pressing Update.

TIP: remember, the Places database used in the app is your offline copy that you obtain via the Data Manager - you can update this as often as you like to keep it in sync with the live public server master source.
Michelle Martin

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 897652

Sponsored Links