Grampians - Report

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 14:10
ThreadID: 13782 Views:1756 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi everyone.

Just a quick note to report in on a good weekend in the Grampians.

We ended up staying at Smith Mill camping ground - Despite being elevated it was suprisingly sheltered. However being amoungst pine trees it was pretty shaded so the solar panel didn't contribute too much. The bare ground also didn't cope too well in the rain. We took some of our own wood but managed to scrounge plenty with just an axe. I'll take a bow saw next time (No chain saws allowed). Next trip we would look at one of the other camping grounds.

We didn't do much off road as there are no real 4x4 tracks. We went down Rosea track which was spectacular - great views of the Eastern Wall. We also went on a walk to the Bundaleer which was a great close up look at cliffs, shallow caves & other intersting rock formations.

The LC100 T/D worked a treat. about 15ltrs/100ks towing about 1 tonne of camper trailer.

All in all a good weekend

Gaz
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bonz (Vic) - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 17:29

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 17:29
Caught you too late Gaz,

Theres a couple of great 4x4 tracks at the northern end of the Grampians, name eludes my failing memory at the moment but theyre pretty good sufice to say, other than them theres not a lot that havent been clsoed off as "management" tracks. Glad to hear you had a great time.
Time is an illusion produced by the passage of history

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 63267

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 17:37

Tuesday, Jun 15, 2004 at 17:37
You did all the wineries down there didnt you?? Great Western, and Bests to name 2 of about 20...
AnswerID: 63272

Sponsored Links