Blog Comment: User Treks: Instructions

Can I download a User Trek and use it on my ExplorOz Traveler App ? If so - how??
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Mar 18, 2019 at 13:34

Monday, Mar 18, 2019 at 13:34
User Treks are are not compatible with the app. They don't have any routing, or waypoints so are not of much use in the app. You can create your own treks in the app using the instructions to create a Private Trek, or you can select any of the pre-built ExplorOz Treks to use as is, or edit to customise to your route. There are 187 Treks in the app to choose from.

User Treks are more used for historical reference of where one has been and used to display on a map. You do this for yourself or to show others where you've been. It's nice to look at other people's User Treks also for inspiration and whilst they can be downloaded to use in some other software (eg. OziExplorer) they don't give you the waypoints, just a route line on a map so you'ld need to rebuild the route if you wanted to navigate along it anyway no matter what program you used. Hope this clarifies.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 624479

Reply By: Member - wicket - Tuesday, Mar 19, 2019 at 09:55

Tuesday, Mar 19, 2019 at 09:55
Michelle
I for one would be happy to have “just a route line on a map” if i could download some of the user treks to the app, the other stuff (waypoints, navigation) can be superfluous at times.
AnswerID: 624491

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Tuesday, Mar 19, 2019 at 10:05

Tuesday, Mar 19, 2019 at 10:05
I, too, would be happy to have the ability to import just a route line from a User Trek into Traveller. Just as you can import one into OziExplorer.
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 897997

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Tuesday, Mar 19, 2019 at 20:08

Tuesday, Mar 19, 2019 at 20:08
Sorry I posted my reply in the wrong spot, but the message is; I can turn any User Trek on as an ExplorOz Trek and then you've got it in the app - just talk to me and we can make it happen
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 898002

Sponsored Links